V6 cuts out (solid yellow the flashing blue) | Dyson Community
Solved

V6 cuts out (solid yellow the flashing blue)

• 7 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi all

My V6 cordless is cutting out very quickly ( on last count it lasted 1m 37sec!!). In terms of the lights it's solid blue whilst working, then when it stops it briefly turns solid yellow before quickly changing to flashing blue. If it was just flashing blue I believe that suggests the battery needs replacing (its about 6 years old) but the yellow light beforehand is making me seek help, as I don't want to buy a new battery if its something else which could also damage the new battery. 

Also in terms of charging I get a solid blue line which I think means it's not a faulty connection.

Any helps or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Kyle

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 8 May 2023, 12:59

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Hi @Kyle123 

I’m sorry to learn of the issue you’re having with your V6. 

All V6 machine variants will have a MAX mode run time of 6 minutes.

Using no motorised heads, the machine will have a run time of 20 minutes.

Using the motorised heads the machine will run between 14 - 17 minutes subject to machine variant.

Try our My Cordless vacuum cleaner’s battery isn’t charging, what can I do? article for more insight. 

Over time the machine will naturally lose its run time but the level of degradation over the years is very small. Battery degradation is not a fault of the machine. It happens to all batteries in everyday items, such as mobile phones and laptops. If the above does not resolve the matter, you would require a replacement battery. You might find the article below helpful 

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

Userlevel 5

@Kyle123 - 100% should review their support website: Support | Troubleshooting | Dyson. They recommend a new battery, which is the likely outcome with what you’ve described. 

There good for about 2-years. You’ve got 6, so that isn’t bad going. 

Thanks for your input all, sounds like I've done well for 6 years so will purchase a replacement battery!

Just to confirm the MAX setting isn't being used.