v6Animal 15 second cut off | Dyson Community

v6Animal 15 second cut off

• 10 May 2023
  • 1 reply

v6Animal now six years old and a recurring cut off - stoppage problem continues. Battery fully charged and all fliters cleaned, bin emptied etc. but it just stops running after 15 or 20 seconds. When first happens Dyson told me to just buy a new battery so I did. On a good day we got about 2 minutes at most but later after a couple more years it would only go for 15 seconds. But at times if we held the power trigger on while changing rooms etc then we got 1 ½ min run time. Currently when fully charged and cleaned it will only run 15 seconds then just stops. We just discovered that if we then plug in for 10-20 seconds we can again get another 15 second run time until it just stops again , then with another 15 second charge we get another 15 sec run time before cut out Not a great way to clean the house. Not wasting money on a new battery when it is clear that the problem must be a fault in some sort of switch. I have seen quite a few other similar cut out problems reported in this forum so it is time for Dyson to deal with this issue. Given the cost of a Dyson I expected better quality and performance, and service support.

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Hey @RickN 

There’s only usually three parts that fail with the stick vacs. The Charger, Battery or Main Body. If the issues persisted after the battery was replaced, then the next option would be to replace the Main Body.

The main body contains the electrical components and power management to the vac. 

Another idea, give their online diagnostics a spin. Support | Customer Service | Contact Us | Dyson

Kirby.