V7 Fluffy. Flashing red 10 times, but occasionally will work normally - Recommends welcome! | Dyson Community
Solved

V7 Fluffy. Flashing red 10 times, but occasionally will work normally - Recommends welcome!

• 19 September 2023
  • 5 replies

I have a 4-year old V7 Fluffy, that has recently developed a fault.

Most times, it won’t start, with the red LED flashing 10 times. If I’m patient and try it enough times, the cleaner may start. Once started it runs OK until I stop it. Subsequent restarts may be OK but sooner or later it reverts to sulking and giving me the red-eyed wink 10 times.

Research suggests that 10 flashes on a V7 indicate a motor fault, not a battery fault. But as the cleaner does occasionally run, I’m wondering if I have a dirty or faulty connection somewhere.

The problem has nothing to do any attachments, as it occurs even with no attachment.

Suggestions welcomed.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 20 September 2023, 15:09

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

5 replies

Battery or Main body issue (Trigger component). I’d bypass everything else and head straight to their diagnostics on the web - V7 Support | Troubleshooting | Dyson.

Go down the power route and select the right light sequence - V7 Support - Power| Troubleshooting | Dyson.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Red flashing light is usually a critical battery fault. Unless you’ve already replaced that in the last 6months. In that instance a new Main Body would be advised.

Thank you for your suggestions.

The web troubleshooting and Dyson support chat say that a new main body is required but they are currently out of stock. Also expensive. I’m posting here here in the hope that someone else encountered a fault like this and found an alternative solution.  For example, fixing a loose connection, or clearing dust from contacts. Especially as my fault is intermittent, and occasionally the machine will run - maybe 10% of the trigger pulls.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thank you for your suggestions.

The web troubleshooting and Dyson support chat say that a new main body is required but they are currently out of stock. Also expensive. I’m posting here here in the hope that someone else encountered a fault like this and found an alternative solution.  For example, fixing a loose connection, or clearing dust from contacts. Especially as my fault is intermittent, and occasionally the machine will run - maybe 10% of the trigger pulls.

Dyson warranty is only 2-year, so you’re well past voiding it. Have you thought about using 3rd party parts?

They start at £40 on Amazon, assuming cheaper elsewhere: How to: Order spare parts and accessories

As for fixing the internal electrics, no experience here unfortunately. Might be something on YouTube? 

Here’s the conclusion.  In short it appears Dyson Support was wrong to tell me the Main Body was at fault. It was the battery.

I would have ordered a brand new Main Body from Dyson on their advice, but fortunately for me they were out of stock. I tracked down a decent looking used V7 Main Body which as a bonus came with a battery.

As an experiment I put that battery in my supposedly “faulty” Main Body. To my surprise it worked, showing the Dyson Support diagnosis as incorrect.

Of course I don’t know how much life is in the used battery I acquired, but at least I do have a working V7 (and a spare Main Body).