V8 rear motor cover piece cracked off | Dyson Community
Solved

V8 rear motor cover piece cracked off

• 26 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello --

I took off my V8 post filter for cleaning and noticed a gray plastic piece had broken off of my rear motor cover (see attached photo). This means the motor cover isn’t totally flush with the rest of the vacuum body. A couple of questions:

1. Can I run the vacuum safely like this? Or do I need to get it repaired?
  2. If a repair is necessary, can I do it myself using this part (https://www.amazon.com/Motor-Replacemnet-Vacuum-Cleaner-Accessories/dp/B088FN2R1M)? Is a similar part available from Dyson?
  3. What would the repair timeline and cost be through Dyson? The web chat agent wasn’t able to provide that info and just said he would provide the mailing address for the Dyson repair center… I’d like to get a ballpark idea of repair cost before sending it in. I’m out of warranty.

Thanks Dyson community! This is quite disappointing since I’ve used my vacuum very lightly, so I’m surprised it seems so flimsy...

(Edited by moderator – Tags added) 

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 27 December 2022, 16:07

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Hey @riennetait 

Welcome to the Community!

Well that sucks! Excuse the pun ☺️! 

I can’t work out where on the cleaner this part broke off. If it’s not expose any electrical components and doesn’t cause a drop off in power, I’d say you’re safe using it still. 

Dyson do offer a fix price repair/service for their vacuums. The CM posted an article covering this earlier in December. I can’t find the link of my phone. I’ll post it after. I think it’s about £80. 

they also shared a post of identifying parts for individual machines. This might give you an indication if it’s the right part you’re looking at. 

Jay. 

I hope this helps ☺️! 
Jay. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @riennetait 

Oh no, sorry to see this occurred! I can confirm, to fix that part of the machine, would require replacing the main body. We don’t carry any of the smaller components that can repair this part of the machine. I’m not able to comment on any aftermarket parts, or how well they would work with your Dyson. If your machine is still within warranty, using aftermarket parts can potentially void your machine’s guarantee. I would recommend getting in touch with us directly. 

To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation. If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Best wishes,