is it ok if… | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

is it ok if…

• 18 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I changed my filter on my Dyson Pure Cool link, got wifi connection after pressing the power button for 6 seconds and got the machine to connect with the app. However I needed to reset the filter settings in the app so it shows 100% because it was showing the 2% of the old filter. Is this ok? Everything seems copacetic this far. Thanks! 

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @LVK69

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

Apologies but I’m not sure if I’m fully understanding your question - are you able to outline what you need help with?

If you’ve replaced your machine’s filter and then reset the filter life timer within the MyDyson™ app, that’s the process we’d normally recommend following, so everything should be as expected! 

Thanks, Jack. I was under the impression that after replacing the filter following the proper protocols, the air purifier would automatically detect filter life. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @LVK69,

Thanks for confirming! No, the filter life timer will need to be manually reset when you replace the filter - so it does sound like you’ve followed the correct process here! For Dyson Connected purifiers, the easiest way of doing this is usually via the MyDyson™ app.

Hope this answers your question!