NEW hair dryer shuts off and blinks red | Dyson Community
Solved

NEW hair dryer shuts off and blinks red

• 11 June 2024
  • 1 reply

I just received my Dyson supersonic hair dryer for Mother’s Day, which was less than a month ago. The first time I used it, it randomly shut off and the red lights started blinking. This hasn’t happened in a while, but today I dried my hair and it happened 4 times. This started happening when it was brand new & I only wash my hair maybe twice/week, so I’ve only used it about 8 times. There is no way the filter is dirty. It’s also plugged in directly to the wall, not a power strip. Any ideas? Has anyone had this same problem with their new hair dryer? I feel like I should have Googled reviews before requesting this. 😑

icon

Best answer by Jack 11 June 2024, 12:14

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @stef0720,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

We’re sorry you’ve had this issue with your machine. From your description, you’ve already checked all the initial factors we would normally recommend to troubleshoot in the first instance.

So that we can resolve this for you within your free 2-year Dyson warranty, please visit Dyson.com and click Support for the contact details of Dyson Customer Care in your region. Our experts will be happy to take all the relevant details to ensure we can fix this.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!