There is a new software update for the OnTrac | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Hey @Jack ,

Thanks for being here for us.

I see there is a new update for the gorgeous OnTrac headphones. Can you kindly ask the engineers what is included in this update? There are no notes for it from what I can see.

Thank you! :)

Hi @ernables,

Don’t worry, I’ve spotted the questions raised on this update, and have been investigating for the Dyson Community!

The latest software update (571HPF.01.06.001.0009) introduces Cross-transport key derivation (CTKD).

On iOS devices, both data and audio Bluetooth connections are now made within the MyDyson™️ app connection journey. This simplifies the pairing experience, as Dyson OnTrac™️ headphone owners no longer have to manually connect audio in their smartphone settings. This also aligns the experience with the current Android implementation.

As this change only impacts the connection experience, you may not have noticed it if your headphones are already connected.

I’m trying to confirm if there are any further noteworthy updates - I’ll let you know if there are!

ahhh i know what this looks like. ive got both Android and iPhone so am aware of this. Thank you for the update and keeping us in the loop @Jack !!!

Hi @ernables,

No worries - as a Dyson Zone™️ and OnTrac™️ owner myself, I’m always keen to find out what’s new - and will always share with the Dyson Community as soon as I’m able to 😀