Dyson corale straightener - Charging Issue. Help! | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson corale straightener - Charging Issue. Help!

• 8 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello, now as much as i love the brand dyson i am extremely unsatisfied with the results of my dyson corale hair straighteners. With my straighteners every night i charge then on the charging stand and then use them in the morning (with the cord attached) and they still die on charge! Making me unable to finish my hair in time and i don’t know if all of them are like this but i am unhappy as  if they was charging on the cord while i’m doing my hair they shouldn’t die as they have power flowing to them but it makes me not be able to finish my hair which brings me reason to believe they are faulty.

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added)

icon

Best answer by Stuart 10 January 2023, 21:43

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @kaceypoole

Thanks for posting a question.

It doesn’t look like any of our other members have experienced a similar issue, which in itself is a good thing. However, it has meant that you’ve waited a little longer for a reply. 

As the Dyson Corrale™ straightener are meant to charge from 0 to 90% in just in just 40 minutes, something doesn’t quite sound right. Usually, any run time questions we’d suggest visiting our Dyson Corrale™ straightener - Six tips to help maximise run time article, which  highlights charging methods, run time improvements and hybrid mode. In this instance, I'd like to suggest the following:

1. Reviewing the charging source and ensure that there isn’t a fault residing with the household electrics or charging socket in use. Trying another socket in the home.
  2. Checking the charger is suitable for use in your markets. In instances where a machine has been purchased in one country and taken overseas, to a country with a different voltage or electrical plug, a local charger will need to be sought.
  3. In instances where an extension lead or adapter is in use, plugging the charger directly into the main power. 

If the above criteria has been met and no other fault can be found, the next course of action would be to visit our online support. This online support will guide you through a serial of diagnostic questions, designed to identify any issue and suggest a remedy. To do this, simply visit our Guides and manual link, navigate to your machine and select the ‘Troubleshooting’ option. Once here, follow the on-screen instructions. 

I hope this helps. 

Stuart