Help - Airwrap overheating when using the 30mm barrel - Ideas? | Dyson Community

Help - Airwrap overheating when using the 30mm barrel - Ideas?

• 5 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi all, looking for advice please :)

I’m currently having difficulty with the Dyson Whatsapp service, not sure if anyone else has had the same? It seems to be all automated, so I’m getting no resolution to my issue.

I messaged them to log my issue that I have ONE specific 30mm barrel which is causing my Airwrap to overheat and cut out after a few minutes of use, the rest of my barrels and fine and cause no issues, just the one. I’ve been tying to order a replacement barrel but they’ve been out of stock for months. The Whatsapp service asked me to carry out the troubleshooting steps, confirm my serial number etc. which I did, as well as sending them a video of the Airwrap overheating, and photos of my air filter and cage cleaned with the brush provided in the set. 

They went ahead and booked a collection of my Dyson for repair, so I packaged it all up to be collected, and now they’re messaging me again asking for photos of the air filter, which I’ve already sent, and they’re asking me to complete the troubleshooting steps again, it’s really confusing! I’ve then received an email this morning saying DPD are out to collect my Dyson …. from the wrong address!

My question here is… is there an easier way I can just get a replacement barrel? Has anyone else had this issue where it’s only one specific barrel causing the overheating? Or perhaps have an easier way to get in contact with Dyson? I can’t find an email address, and there’s a long queue every time I call. 

Thank you!

Anonymous 9 months ago

If that doesn’t work, you can buy a new barrel from Dyson. I don’t have a clue where you live 😂! I think there a link here that send you to your local dyson website for purchasing! GL x

View original

4 replies

Hi @OliviaW sorry to hear you are having this experience. Have you taken a look inside the barrel to make sure there is no debris that may have made its way into that barrel?  You can find ways to connect with Support in your region under the Contact Us Section of the website, you can find a live chat option Dyson’s Digital Assistant can help. Just click the purple icon at the bottom of the page.

Heya Hun! If there’s nothing inside, make sure it you’ve given it a wipe over. I use hairspray around mine and it get gulpy and clogged up 😪! Maybe give the filter a wash as well. Every little helps! 😍

If that doesn’t work, you can buy a new barrel from Dyson. I don’t have a clue where you live 😂! I think there a link here that send you to your local dyson website for purchasing! GL x