Airwrap replacement - Very poor customer service | Dyson Community

Airwrap replacement - Very poor customer service

• 13 March 2023
  • 4 replies

My airwrep stopped working sometime last year. After communicated with the customer service and couldn’t get it working after all the trouble shooting steps, I sent the machine back in Nov/2022 and was promised that a new machine would be sent to me in 12 days. Nothing came in Dec/2022. I contacted Dyson and was told a machine was ordered and would be sent to me in 2 weeks. I still didn’t get any machine in Jan/2023. I contacted Dyson again and was told I would get refund and could order a new machine afterwards. Still nothing cam for a month. For a third time, I contacted Dyson for the situation and was promised that a new airwrep was ordered and will be sent to me in 3-5 days. Another month again passed by and nothing came. Now it’s March/2023. I just called again and was told that somehow the order was cancelled and an email will be sent to me in 24-48 hours. I’ve been waiting for 4 MONTHS and still didn’t get a confirmation that ONE new airwrep will be sent to me. This is like return nightmare. Customer reps were all friendly when talking with them but problem was not resolved and let to nowhere. I like Dyson products. But this return and exchange process is no acceptable. Did anybody else have the same experiences? 

Dyson Community Moderator 1 year ago

Hello @yuchenwu0524 

Thanks so much for posting this to the Community. We’re certainly disappointed to review your experience here, and to hear that the issue with your Airwrap is taking so long for the local team to resolve. This is unusual to hear; exchanges are normally carried out promptly. The normal process is that once we have received your defective unit back, your replacement will process and then ship. I am confident that the Customer Care team can get this resolved for you. We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologize for the experience you’ve had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you.

As you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation.

Best wishes,

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @yuchenwu0524 

Thanks so much for posting this to the Community. We’re certainly disappointed to review your experience here, and to hear that the issue with your Airwrap is taking so long for the local team to resolve. This is unusual to hear; exchanges are normally carried out promptly. The normal process is that once we have received your defective unit back, your replacement will process and then ship. I am confident that the Customer Care team can get this resolved for you. We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologize for the experience you’ve had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you.

As you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation.

Best wishes,

Hi, @kellym 

Thank you for your response. However, I am no longer confident that my issue will be resolved by the customer teams. I was told that I would get an email in 24-48 hours. It’s already passed 48 hours and I still didn’t get any emails or updates from Dyson. Are there any other ways to escalate the problem? I tried the phone line as well as the online conversations but nobody can simply send me a working machine. I don’t’ want to wait for another 4 months. I would really appreciate if you could let me know other ways that I can try.

Thanks a lot.

Yu-Chen

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello there,

If you still need help or feel you’d benefit from another set of eyes on this, feel free to drop me a DM with your name, address and serial number.

I’ll review your account and see if there’s any additional update I can provide, at the very least see if I can promote a member of the local team to contact you direct to discuss this further.

Best wishes,

@kellym 

Just DM’ed you. I really really appreciate your offer to help. Thank you very much!

Yu-Chen