Dyson Airwrap not working | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Airwrap not working

• 28 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello, i purchased the airwrap back in April 22, every time i’ve tried to use it i feel like it isnt powerful enough - my daughter in law has one so i asked her to try mine and she commented that when the attachments are on there is air coming through the buttons.  she has the blue one I have the pink one - just wondered if anyone with the pink one had the same issue?

(Moderator Edit - Tags added/Moved category)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 29 December 2022, 23:21

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi there,

We’re sorry to hear that you’re having some trouble with your Airwrap. You shouldn’t be feeling air escaping from the buttons on your machine - the only place where airflow should be felt is from the attachments. I can confirm that airflow can be affected if the filter needs cleaning, but you still should not feel air from the buttons. I would first suggest going through the filter cleaning steps, and if you need guidance, you can find that here

If the issue is still happening, I would then suggest heading directly to our online support, and using the Guides and manuals link. Then select your machine from the options available and navigate through to the ‘Troubleshooting’ page. Here you will find a host of selectable options designed to support you and your machine. If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Yes. I was saying the same. Clean filter and it may get better. If you use many hair spray when using it, it maybe get blocked and act different. This recording maybe helps.

(Moderator Edit - Updated to reflect Airwrap Video)

Thanks for the advice. Tried everything - customer services ended up picking it up on Friday as they think it’s a counterfeit……established today it was!……gutted! Mother in law bought if for me back in April. Trying to sort out a refund now! 

Thanks for the advice. Tried everything - customer services ended up picking it up on Friday as they think it’s a counterfeit……established today it was!……gutted! Mother in law bought if for me back in April. Trying to sort out a refund now! 

How did you get on with the refund? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @s.p.a. 

This is a great question. It’s incredibly frustrating for us to find that counterfeit products exist, but it’s even more disappointing to learn that our owners have a product on their hands that is not genuine. While I can’t speak specifically on the situation being discussed in this thread, if you ever do suspect a Dyson product you have may not be genuine, we can sometimes identify this. More often than not, we wind up arranging service so our experienced technicians can inspect the machine. This is helpful to us, from a design standpoint, but also to our end users. Non-authorized or non-genuine Dyson products aren’t covered by our guarantee, but to expand further on that, we’re not able to guarantee their safety - and our product safety is of uttermost importance to us. 

When our technicians do receive a product to inspect, if it’s deemed to be a counterfeit, we will keep the machine, and issue an official letter, which can be used to try to recoup your funds from the retailer where the counterfeit product was purchased. At least that’s the process we follow in the US and Canada markets. I hope this is helpful!