Battery life in storage | Dyson Community
Solved

Battery life in storage

• 4 November 2022
  • 2 replies

• 0 replies

I just bought a new V10 at a great sale price.

We are currently renting, building our dream home. I do not want to mount the unit in our rental, in fact, we don’t need to use it all. It is for the new home. I plan to store it, new in the box, for 12 months. Will this damage my battery? Is there a better way?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 4 November 2022, 20:07

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Hi @mdh 

What a coincidence. We finished renovating our UK home last month. Eight months start to finish. It was quite a long process, very demanding but so very rewarding. We love the end result! 

Unbeknown to me, the wife purchased a v11 last Christmas and put it in our homes storage cupboard. 

Other than there not being much of a charge out of the box, it works great. I read on a later post that they’re shipped with 30% battery. Explains why. 

The only recommendation I can pass on from having other battery operated devices. It shouldn’t be stored below or above a certain temperature range. Between say 15ºC and 35ºC. Either side of this can increases the degradation rate and have other ramifications. 

The user manual for the v10 should details storage instructions and temperature ranges. 

Kirby. 

The v10 is a great little machine. We’ve had ours going on four years! No complaints. 

We’ve always stored ours indoors, so wouldn’t be able to directly comment. I would say you’d need to refer to the safety and compliance leaflet - V10 documents. You wouldn’t want to void the warranty by storing it incorrectly.

Enjoy the vacuum once you start using it!