Cordless V10 hair in the filter - Is a new thing? | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless V10 hair in the filter - Is a new thing?

• 30 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello, experts. I have a V-10 and it has generally worked very well for pet hair. We have a VERY small house and German Shepherd dog. He sheds like crazy and we vacuum regularly. We have to empty out the compartment 3 or 4 times in one vacuuming session, which is not a problem and also not surprising considering the volume of hair. However, we have a new problem (with the filter) that never used to be an issue. Rather than just a layer of dirt/dust like before, the filter (the little “cap” type at the top of the machine) now has tons of hair in it as well. I feel like this is a problem and not normal. Any ideas as to what might be causing this or what I can do? By the way, we did buy a brand new filter FROM Dyson and it appears to be exactly the same as the old filter. I still have both filters (kept the old one as a backup). Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 31 January 2023, 20:00

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey there!

This is a new one for me, I’m very familiar with our cord-free machines, including the V10, and haven’t ever seen hair or debris getting caught up in the filter.

However, that’s not to say it isn’t possible. You may find that you’re needing to empty the dust bin more frequently that you currently are - I’ve seen issues before where debris will gather up toward the top of the bin, around the cyclone, so it’s something that could also occur with the filter. If there is so much hair or debris being picked up, if it gets passed through the bin and cyclone, and then on to the filter. I’ve included a video resources for you to refer to, just in case you or anyone else is unfamiliar with the max market on the clear plastic bin. This also gives a handy tip on wiping the bin and cyclone with a damp cloth and drying before reattaching. 

Just a thought, if you’re only seeing a strand or two, could it be possible that this case caught in the filter before attaching/reattaching it to the machine? 

Have you washed the filter yet? If yes, has this resolves the issue or does it still happen again?

Kelly.

Kelly,

Thank you so much for your reply. I have wiped the inside of the bin with a damp cloth, but I never realized you could remove the bin to do that! It’s a revelation. It’ll be much easier to wipe now. As for emptying more often, I will try that. By the way, it seems that hair and debris go up beyond the halfway point immediately when I start vacuuming, so I’ve often wondered if there is something wrong with that rubber barrier that’s at the halfway mark. Looks okay but it’s obviously not keeping stuff out of the top half of the bin.