Cordless V11 floor head doesn't spin | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless V11 floor head doesn't spin

New v11 machine, less than 1 year old. 

The floor head of this model uses a spinning head (roller) which stopped spinning. The device is very clean and well kept, no hair or debris, etc. Is clogging the rollers way. I had cleaned and maintained it. 

To me it seems that the roller head doesn't get any DC power via its electrical contact points. 

My biggest problem is that the local distributor tells me that there is no warranty for the roller head. 

This is an unaccepted answer. First thing, the roller head is a crucial part of the machine. 

Secondly, the problem arises from the main unit, not the roller head. 

What can I do to get this machine back in order? 

(Edited by moderator – Tags amended) 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 10 October 2022, 15:08

View original

10 replies

@ittaital 

Our Cordless came with a two year guarantee. I believe this is standard for all dyson cordless. 

My understanding is that the two years cover the machine in its entirety. Tools, fixing, battery etc.. If a part is faulty, a replacement should be provided. 

I’d recommend reading the warranty guidelines on their website to see what is exactly covered in your country. 

Good day ittaital, 

Thank you for contacting Dyson Community. 

All Dyson cordless machines are covered by a 2-year guarantee if purchased new. 

If the cleaner head is faulty, it can be replaced under the guarantee provided that it is still valid. 

To discuss this further, please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Thanks,

Muneep

Userlevel 1

New v11 machine, less than 1 year old. 

The floor head of this model uses a spinning head (roller) which stopped spinning. The device is very clean and well kept, no hair or debris, etc. Is clogging the rollers way. I had cleaned and maintained it. 

To me it seems that the roller head doesn't get any DC power via its electrical contact points. 

My biggest problem is that the local distributor tells me that there is no warranty for the roller head. 

This is an unaccepted answer. First thing, the roller head is a crucial part of the machine. 

Secondly, the problem arises from the main unit, not the roller head. 

What can I do to get this machine back in order? 

(Edited by moderator – Tags amended) 

I have the same issue...I narrowed the problem down to the angle of the high torque head cleaner. At a perfect 90 degree angle, it spins fine, but the moment the angle is adjusted to more than 90 degrees, it stops spinning. When I release the power button, the machine seems to reset and at the 90 degree angle it will spin again. Acts like it has a short in it or maybe the sensor to adjust to different floors is bad? All other tools (other heads, wand),spin just fine.

@toddmj.

Have you contacted Dyson? They should replace it if you’re still covered with a 2-year guarantee.

Userlevel 1

Yes, but they need to do a “Facetime” call to see the machine and review the issue first hand.  So, I will be contacting them later today when I get home as I did not bring the vacuum to work!

Yes, but they need to do a “Facetime” call to see the machine and review the issue first hand.  So, I will be contacting them later today when I get home as I did not bring the vacuum to work!

They’ll most likely replace it free of charge and ask that you dispose of the old one. Saves on shipping it back, but does mean you’ll never know what the cause was.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I had a similar problem. On angling the head to the right, past 40 degrees, it flat out stopped! No sign of obstruction. 

I received a new one and they chalked it up to accident damage or a short in the wiring. Maybe I used it too hard 🤣! The result. Replaced mid December and it’s worked great ever since. 

I don’t understand the  40 degree angle issue?!  I have had my V11 for 3+ years, used it daily and suddenly torque head stopped spinning.  Cleaned it out weekly and cleaned filter monthly.  
Replaced the torque head with a new one today and its still not spinning.  
Is there an answer for this please?

Userlevel 4

Maybe the hardware or a blemish on the power connectors. Does it work when connecting it onto the handle? 

You could try here for an answer: 

I don’t understand the  40 degree angle issue?!  I have had my V11 for 3+ years, used it daily and suddenly torque head stopped spinning.  Cleaned it out weekly and cleaned filter monthly.  
Replaced the torque head with a new one today and its still not spinning.  
Is there an answer for this please?

I’m having the same issue! Bought a new head to replace the one that stopped spinning and the brand new head stops spinning exactly the same. Did you receive any support for this?