Cordless V7 Battery or Trigger Issue | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless V7 Battery or Trigger Issue

• 10 December 2022
  • 16 replies

v7 battery died so i bought a new one. put it in and it stays on until you pull the battery, the trigger doesn’t work. bought a used motor and can’t even insert the battery. do i have to move something inside the handle? thanks

(Edited by moderator - Tags added/Title amended)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 14 December 2022, 09:19

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

16 replies

When you say “pull the battery”, is it loose? I’m 90% this model’s battery is held in with two screws. If these are missing, it’s probably the cause of it moving when you pull it.

I think the screws are in the handle and at the base.

https://www.dyson.co.uk/support could possibly help with the motor part of your question. 

it is not screwed in because i have to pull it out to stop the vacuum

Hey! @Fishtown57 sorry to step on your toes.. 😁

Doing some digging, I can’t see another battery for your model. I’d say the issue is with the handle. They sell two types on their web shop.

Are you sure the one you brought was for your machine? 

the new battery fits in the old vac but the switch doesn’t work. it won’t even go in the other motor. when you put the batteries side by side they look identical

A well made point @Kibbleb. Good thinking! Checking the dyson site (https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/journey/tools/968670-02) only one battery shows for the v7. The body part would be the logical answer to me. 

@dbuzz77 have you tried contacting Dyson for help? They might be able to check off the part ID for compatibility. 

Dyson is useless if you have a real problem. “do you want me to send you a new one?” it can’t be 2 broken vacs

Getting caught up here! I really don’t think the problem is with the battery. It sound like Mr Kirk had the right idea. I’d go one step further, saying that the original body part is broken, which then stops the trigger being pulled. The new body is either broken/incompatible. The batteries and bodies aren’t universal to all stick cleaners.

If I were in your shoes, I’d look at getting a new body with a matching part number. 

IDK the batteries look identical from every angle and 1 body it fits in the other not

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @dbuzz77 

We’re keen to help diagnose and resolve the issue for you - it looks like help is still needed.

Please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

i chatted with dyson already, they just gave me things i have already done

IDK the batteries look identical from every angle and 1 body it fits in the other not

@dbuzz77 This is the body you’ve purchased second hand right? If it’s not fitting, it’s simply the wrong body for the battery. That or it’s broken. Not sure what else I can say. I just really think the part you have is wrong. 

the second body was tested as good by the seller. i only know of 2 batteries for the vacuums, but 1 is a lot shorter. i don’t understand they look identical

the second body was tested as good by the seller. i only know of 2 batteries for the vacuums, but 1 is a lot shorter. i don’t understand they look identical

It wouldn’t matter if it’s tested as working, if it’s the wrong body for your machine it won’t work. I’ve done some digging on this to try and prove my own theory.

The V7 has one battery - Part 968670-02. It is only compatible with the body parts 968677-01 & 968677-02. If you’ve purchased a second hand part, that isn’t one of these parts number, it won’t be compatible. That is simply why the battery fits inside your original body and not the other one. 

I honestly do not think you’ve purchased a part that works with your machine. There isn’t a hack to get this to work.

i understand what you are saying. i can’t find those numbers on the old battery much less the new. i don’t care what numbers are on it if they are identical how is that possible that they don’t work?

where did you get those part numbers from? i can’t see anything close to that on my original dyson battery