Cordless V7 Motorhead Brush bar - Part purchase - 3 Prong vs 4 Prong - My solution | Dyson Community

Cordless V7 Motorhead Brush bar - Part purchase - 3 Prong vs 4 Prong - My solution

• 17 March 2023
  • 0 replies

Badge +1

One can buy a new brush bar for £27.50, but the Dyson website does not tell you that this is the 4 prong old version. If you want a 3 prong brush bar, your have to buy a complete Direct Drive Cleaner head which contains a 3 prong brush bar, but it will cost £60. Rather expensive when all that is required are the brushes to be replaced.

My solution was to cut a notch in the 4 prong brush bar just above the brush so that the brush itself  can easily slide out. A similar notch on the existing 3 prong brush bar enables the old brush to be removed and replaced with the new one with a touch of glue at the notch to hold the brush in place. This has worked very well for some time now and avoids paying for a complete direct drive cleaner. 

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.