Cordless V7 - Motorhead dirt getting stuck and not going into bin - Help! | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless V7 - Motorhead dirt getting stuck and not going into bin - Help!

• 29 January 2023
  • 3 replies

My V7 motorhead is sucking up the dirt but it's getting stuck in the section going into the bin part. I see a red plastic flap there and think maybe it's supposed open during sunction to evacuate the dirt into the drum but I'm not sure it's opening as the dirt just clogs up in that area. Any ideas Dyson community? Thanks 

(Moderation Edit - Tags added)

icon

Best answer by Emma.S 30 January 2023, 11:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Heya!

Gosh, this brings back memories! The ‘trap door’ on the V6 was so fiddly to get to! You need to remove the bin to get behind it. We removed all sorts from it over the years. Dog toy stuffing being the top of the list 🤣! It actually happened more if we didn’t empty the dust out of the bin all that often.

Give this video a watch. How to check your V7 or V8 cordless vacuum for blockages. 1min 36secs in, it shows how to remove bits from the door. 

Emma 😁

Thanks so much, Emma. I'll watch that video! Hope the Dyson can be fixed as v disappointed by its overall performance 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Cenne 

It’s always disappointing for us to hear, when one of our valued owners isn’t having a better experience with their Dyson. We would invite you to please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.