Dyson V11 out of warranty repair nightmare | Dyson Community

Dyson V11 out of warranty repair nightmare

• 9 March 2023
  • 4 replies

So I have tried to get our ~3 year old V11 repaired. I understand that it’s not covered by warranty anymore. After the initial contact I was give a repair refrence number and was told box would be sent in which I can send my defective unit for repair. Two weeks passed. No box. I have tried to reach customer service now at least 5 times over the last week with pretty disappointing results. I either get a standard bulk email reply after which nothing happens or over chat I’m promised that the box will be sent expedited. No box. No tracking number or confirmation.

Last attempt provided an answer back noting that my issue has apparently been solved so no further action was necessary. This was an answer to email where I have been trying someone to actually read my first email where I’m asking what’s the status of my repair order.

Needless to say this has been the worst customer service experience I’ve had with any electronics so far. I am saddened to see once great brand gone this bad. I cannot reccomend Dyson to anyone I know anymore.

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @Pykalaniemi 

Your experience with trying to get your V11 repaired sounds very disappointing. I do apologize, as what you have described here is not how we’d expect your experience to be, when support is needed. I’m sorry that we’ve let you down in this instance. It doesn’t sound like you’re in the US, as we don’t often send repair boxes. Having said that, as you were already in touch with support, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. These issues aren't usually something the Dyson Community team can directly help you with.

Let us know if we can help with anything else!

I’m in Canada and the discussion with your chat team resulted in decision to give me a service number and I was also told to wait for a box. This information was also mentioned in the email I got shortly after.

At this point, three weeks later, I have had several emails exchanged with your support team and opinions change randomly from email to email from ‘service is not available’ to ‘it seems you have already been helped’ or ‘would you like to buy a new product?’

The issue has not moved an inch since the original conversation three weeks ago. No box, no resonable explanation how I can proceed with this out-of-warranty service.

This forum post was my last resort in hopes for a resonable response to move this issue forward and let other customers to know what to expect when their product’s warranty expires.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi @Pykalaniemi 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. You won’t find a resolution on this forum. Your best course of action would be to speak to them directly through their telephone service.

Although Dyson moderate, post regularly and respond to posts, as evidenced above, they’re not able to support service complaints, stock issues and order enquires. These need to be discussed with their Customer Service teams directly.

I quote “If you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. As the Dyson Community team do not have access to customer records and thus unable to review individual cases, these issues aren't something we can directly help you with.

I’ve had multiple Dyson’s over the years. Whenever I’ve had a problem, required a part or needed a repair, I’ve had nothing short of an exceptional experience. I will always recommend Dyson, it’s why I am part of this forum. You’ve had a bad experience yes, in Canada, with a package that is most probably shipped via a local courier and subject to service disruption. You most likely need to have this resent and wait for arrival. I wouldn’t look to tarnish Dyson based on this one experience.

Charlie.

Hi @Pykalaniemi 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. You won’t find a resolution on this forum. Your best course of action would be to speak to them directly through their telephone service.

Although Dyson moderate, post regularly and respond to posts, as evidenced above, they’re not able to support service complaints, stock issues and order enquires. These need to be discussed with their Customer Service teams directly.

I quote “If you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. As the Dyson Community team do not have access to customer records and thus unable to review individual cases, these issues aren't something we can directly help you with.

I’ve had multiple Dyson’s over the years. Whenever I’ve had a problem, required a part or needed a repair, I’ve had nothing short of an exceptional experience. I will always recommend Dyson, it’s why I am part of this forum. You’ve had a bad experience yes, in Canada, with a package that is most probably shipped via a local courier and subject to service disruption. You most likely need to have this resent and wait for arrival. I wouldn’t look to tarnish Dyson based on this one experience.

Charlie.

Charlie - I’m not looking to do anything else except let people know about my experience. We can all share our experiences - good and bad. What you’re saying doesn’t really make sense to me as I’m only voicing my personal experience and opinion. If I feel that my experience warrants me to decide not to purchase another Dyson I think that’s my call to make. Everyone else makes their own decisions.