Dyson V15 HEPA filter - help with purchasing? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson V15 HEPA filter - help with purchasing?

• 9 February 2023
  • 6 replies

The HEPA filter for my Dyson V15 Detect vacuum has been on back order is since I bought my vacuum, ages ago.  Out of desperation, I bought one from Amazon which was advertised as suitable for the V15,  When it arrived yesterday, I noticed it wasn’t the same color and says Dyson animal on it.  Can I use this on my V15 even thought it’s not the HEPA one.  Where, when and how can I get an original HEPA filter?

icon

Best answer by Stuart 10 February 2023, 16:44

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

6 replies

Hello @Vtmartha  

We are sorry to learn that you have waited on your HEPA filter since your vacuum was purchased. The filter which was purchased from Amazon should work on your Dyson V15.

To shop spare parts on the Dyson website, please navigate to our online store. Once here, select a machine from the on-screen options and continue through the journey to view all associated parts. 

Thank you, Shaqeela.  Unfortunately, the Dyson UK site does not seem to allow it to be shipped to the US.  Do you have other thoughts on that?  Thank you for letting me know that the one I got from Amazon will not damage my vacuum.

Martha

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Vtmartha

Whoops. Looks like one of the team made a mistake. It can happen from time to time - Thankfully I’ve made an amendment to their reply and included a new link. Thanks for highlighting this.

You were correct. The part is showing as out of stock on the Dyson US website. However, if you are struggling with the replacement you’ve purchased, I’d encourage you to complete the ‘Notify Me’ option on our website. Once stock is available again you’ll receive notifications and can look to place an order. The length of time this can take isn’t something we’re apprised of however. If you wanted to search for a replacement part on any of our official stockists, may I recommend the following: 

• eSpares 
  • PartMaster 
  • Buyspares 
  • Spares2Go – genuine parts from Spares2Go are only available on Amazon 
  • 4Your Home 
  • PartCentre 
  • Appliance Spares Warehouse 

Thanks,

Stuart

Thank you, Stuart.  I have placed myself on that list many times.  Sometimes I get a notification they’re in stock but, going there immediately after receiving the email, it still says “out of stock”.  I’ve given up on that approach.  I’ve been looking for the filter for 18 months.  The old one is getting a bit ratty plus it’s nice to have a spare so I can vacuum while the filter dries.  I will check out the options you suggest and go with the non HEPA filter until Dyson can get this sorted out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Vtmartha 

Sometimes when we receive stock on an item, we don’t receive a large number, so the number of owners we have receiving email “in stock” alerts may not align with the number of parts available. It’s frustrating, and causes a disappointing experience, but it’s something we’re consistently working on. The blue HEPA filter for this model has been out of stock in the US for awhile it seems, however you can use the purple filter safely with your machine. I actually just checked our internal stock here in the US, and while the website does still reflect the HEPA filter for V15 as being out of stock, it looks like we have over 1K in stock, currently. To place an order with one of our brand experts - you can call our Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Thank you for the stock update, Kelly.  I had thought of doing that and now it’s next on my list!

Martha