fluffy's head spin few seconds each time only, then stops. Help? | Dyson Community
Solved

fluffy's head spin few seconds each time only, then stops. Help?

• 31 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Could you please help me, where the problem with my fluffy head might be? 

It looks like both motors are working, but the one from the head works for a few seconds, then stops both motors for a second and doesn't start again… even if I keep the power button pressed. 

I have uploaded a short video as it is better to see than read the problem. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k0jGE6Mq3U

icon

Best answer by popigo 1 November 2022, 10:16

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi 

Could it be that you’ve dismantled it? 

I recall a safety feature, where the rotation is stopped if a certain torque speed isn’t met, which prevents injury/damage. 

Does it do the same when it’s built? 

Charlie. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I’ve posted a reply, but it needs to be approved by a moderator. 

This could be a safety feature, it’s disassembled. Does it do it when it’s assembled? 

Charlie. 

The head on our v10 doesn’t spin/cuts out when the bar is removed. Admittedly it isn’t a fluffy head, just the standard cleaner.

Nooooooooooo wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy…..

I should have mentioned this earlier - I disassembled the brush because it behaved as it did in the video and in the description when it was assembled. 
I disassembled to check it wasn't a hair screwed into it, but (un)fortunately it was pretty clean.

But after yout (natural) comment I assembled it back just to be sure. AND IT WORKS!!

Oh god, what a blond I became ;) 🤣😂

THANKS A LOT! :)