lighted cleaner on the Gen 3 cordless - Broken part | Dyson Community
Solved

lighted cleaner on the Gen 3 cordless - Broken part

• 5 February 2023
  • 1 reply

My Gen 3 cordless lighted head cleaner is wearing out the plastic bearing located on the removal side of the cleaner itself. It allows the brush bar to vibrate but still operate with a vibration. Dyson has already replaced the cleaning head once inside a 12 month period. Although I have 11 months left on the original 2 year warranty. I’m concerned that after the warranty expires I will be on the hook to replace the head due to as far as I’m concerned to a poor design specifically the material choices for the bearing currently being used. 

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 7 February 2023, 21:34

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @ssnanav 

It seems like no one else here on the community has experienced the same issue you’re describing here, which is a good thing. We would definitely like to gather some more detail from you, to see how we can help.

Please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

In regards to the warranty, Dyson will look to replace or repair component for free, whilst within this period. Once this has expired, components are chargeable. In this instance, it might be best to look at a replacement part and monitoring if the issue persists. Our customer service experts will be able to determine the best course of action.

Thanks,