My Cordless is cutting out (Not Pulsing) - What can I do? | Dyson Community
Solved

My Cordless is cutting out (Not Pulsing) - What can I do?

My v7 is fully charged. After about 5 seconds it stops, I plug it back it and it indicates it is fully charged and it will go again. This happens 3 to 4 times and then finally works fine until the charge is gone.

It’s not pulsing just stopping this happens on boost as well as normal. 
Very annoying. 

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Title Updated) 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 6 March 2023, 16:09

View original

16 replies

Hi @Sue212 

We sorry to learn this, we can confirm our batteries are designed to last and sorry to learn you experiencing these issues. 

This matter can be resolved by a replacement battery. I have attached the link to purchase the required part. (https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/journey/tools/968670-02 ) If you're within the 2 year guarantee, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

Below we have inserted a link as to where you are able to find the battery, this should resolve the issue you are having at hand: 

Feel free to call our helpline if you have any questions regarding our Dyson warranty to check if your machine is covered under warranty: 0800 298 0298.

Hey @Sue212 

If it still has the original battery, you’re probably seeing the result of the connections degrading over time. If it were a blockage, it would usually switch on/off quite quickly.

You could try removing the battery and wiping the connections over, or buying a new one.

Jay

Userlevel 1

I think there is a software fault with Dysons and they’re not admitting it. I’ve had a v10 for two months and it keeps cutting out despite having the main body replaced by them. Complete replacement arriving today. Should have bought a Shark in hindsight.

I think there is a software fault with Dysons and they’re not admitting it. I’ve had a v10 for two months and it keeps cutting out despite having the main body replaced by them. Complete replacement arriving today. Should have bought a Shark in hindsight.

Mmmm I'm not convinced. Had ours going on 4 years. Had a few blockages, cutting out issues. Not had to have that parts replaced. I had a Shark, they are really not worth the hype. Performed like a fish out of water.

Userlevel 1

New one arrived yesterday. Two faults: on full power it immediately says ‘blockage’. And the felt behind the wheel on the hard floor head is loose and detached; so it does not pick anything up. Another new one arriving tomorrow... Like buying a Leyland car in the 70s.

New one arrived yesterday. Two faults: on full power it immediately says ‘blockage’. And the felt behind the wheel on the hard floor head is loose and detached; so it does not pick anything up. Another new one arriving tomorrow... Like buying a Leyland car in the 70s.

Hey Bobby,  Have you had any luck with yet another new replacement of the V10?  I purchased a V10 Absolute Dec 2022, have had no issues with it until a few days ago it started cutting in and out, you'd pull the trigger and start vacuuming and then it’d stop, so let go of the trigger and pull it again and it would start but shorty will stop again, very annoying to do this.  I have taken a few short videos for Warranty claim, but I am now a lil skeptical as I have read of sooo many people having to get new battery and body or full replacement without it fixing the problem.  Maybe it is a software issue??

Userlevel 1

I’m sure it’s a software problem and one the can’t or won’t fix. I’ll keep getting spare units until the warranty runs out and then take it to the tip. 

Userlevel 5

I’m sure it’s a software problem and one the can’t or won’t fix. I’ll keep getting spare units until the warranty runs out and then take it to the tip. 

If you get anything outside the warranty, they’ll give it 1-year cover. If there’s multiple issues, I’d argue the case for an exchange or completely replacement.

Userlevel 1

They did a complete replacement. It’s the same! (I’ll not buy anything outside the warranty period - it goes to the tip then and is replaced by a Shark.)

Userlevel 1

Or I just keep using my old Sebo which has worked faultlessly for years.

Hello @AmandaJ 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  

We can surely help you with your Dyson. 

Please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our teams will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

Happily, we will be able to assist you. 

Regards, 

Userlevel 1

I don't think so. Have wasted time in the past with WhatsApp to Dyson. Repeated questions and no outcome. Phoning seemed better.  Phoned today and she is sending me another battery (as has happened before). When it makes no difference I’ll phone again and will be sent another main unit which will do the same thing in a month or so. By the way, she said I should not charge it for more than 3 ½ hours (in contravention of what the website says). That’s happened before too.

I don't think so. Have wasted time in the past with WhatsApp to Dyson. Repeated questions and no outcome. Phoning seemed better.  Phoned today and she is sending me another battery (as has happened before). When it makes no difference I’ll phone again and will be sent another main unit which will do the same thing in a month or so. By the way, she said I should not charge it for more than 3 ½ hours (in contravention of what the website says). That’s happened before too.

The charger turn off once the battery is fully charger. I doubt she’s been misinformed. Fault on the stick vacs are either the result of a broken battery, main body assy or charger. They either replace one, two or all three. 

Good luck! 

Userlevel 1

I’ve had all three since January!

I would refuse to keep having the replacement parts after once  - why let the warranty run out and then throw it away and be out of pocket?  Tell them you want upgrade or refund… consumer guarantees act..

I would refuse to keep having the replacement parts after once  - why let the warranty run out and then throw it away and be out of pocket?  Tell them you want upgrade or refund… consumer guarantees act..

🤘