Unable to remove Brushbar from V10 Torque Drive Motorhead assembly | Dyson Community
Solved

Unable to remove Brushbar from V10 Torque Drive Motorhead assembly

• 2 March 2023
  • 1 reply

I purchased a replacement Torque Drive Motorhead Assembly (PN: 969110-01) on 4/21/2022.

About 2 weeks ago, I found that I was unable to remove the “Brushbar” for a weekly cleaning. At all. It was stuck like glue. I contemplated using a large screwdriver to force it out, but thought that might cause damage that would void the one year warranty. Until that day it simply pulled straight out with little resistance.

About a week ago, I took my vacuum (CYCLONE V10 ANIMAL SN: REMOVED) to the Dallas Service Center for assistance. After some back & forth, they claimed that my issue was NOT covered by the one year warranty. They speculated that something had “melted” and fused the brushbar to the motor assembly. When I asked if he was implying that I had “damaged” it in some way, he said he was “not” implying that. And, when I asked him why, then, it wasn’t covered by the warranty, he was unable to respond coherently and suggested that I contact customer service.

NOTE: I purchased this service part after being made aware that I was NOT cleaning the original Torque Drive Motorhead Assy completely, leaving particles in the “cup” area at the drive end of the Motorhead Assy, which hardened and caused problems. When I got the new part, I made sure to clean every area (especially the “cup” area) with compressed air. I assumed that this part would last much longer than 10 months.

Should this assembly be replaced under warranty?

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Sensitive Data Removed)

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 3 March 2023, 20:56

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @mjoyce01 

Thank you for taking the time to reach out here. I was able to locate your machine in our system, using your serial number. It looks like the two-year warranty on your V10 Animal did mature back in 2020, so the vacuum itself has no remaining warranty. There was an order placed April 2022 for the torque drive head, and that order would have had a one-year warranty on the part. It does look at that time, there was some notation from a service center that the cleaner head on your machine, prior to this purchase was damaged, hence you made the purchase of the new head. 

Things that a warranty won't cover include normal wear and tear, any accidental damage, damage as a result of not carrying out machine maintenance, blockage removal, etc. You can have a look at the full Dyson Warranty for the US market here: The Dyson Warranty

I don't show any notations from the Dallas Service Center on this account, so I'm not able to make a determination as to what they found when they did inspect your machine. There is an order on the account for another floor tool about a week or so ago. As you’ve already been in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. These issues aren't usually something the Dyson Community team can directly help you with.

Best wishes,