V10 Animal - Seal in Clear Bin | Dyson Community
Solved

V10 Animal - Seal in Clear Bin

• 26 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

V10 Animal - Dust/fluff is passing the seal into the upper part of the clear bin. This makes emptying the bin difficult and, more importantly, allows more debris into the fllter causing blockage. Anyone have the same problem and/or knows the solution, please?

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 27 January 2023, 00:27

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Having examined the vac in more detail I realise that the debris should travel downwards past the seal to the bottom of the bin, not upwards, so some of it is getting stuck above the seal on its way down, not the other way round.

Hey @Edcol

Yep! I’ve had this happen on two occasions, the most recent only last week!

The first time around, the plastic bin base hadn’t completely closed. The suction was pulling the dust up, but was just sitting there in the opening. 

Most recently, dog hair got matted with something wet and the inside of the bin was damp. Everything stuck to the inside. It was a job getting it clean! 

Try opening and closing the bin a few times and give the inside a wipe down. You might also consider washing the filter. This should increase the suction strength. 

Jay. 

Userlevel 1

Hi Jay,

Thanks for sharing that. We haven’t got pet hair but, from what you say, the cause would seem to be either wetness or lack of suction. I have given the unit and filter a thorough clean and will check that the roller is operating ok and there is no obstruction there. Then, fingers crossed!

Thanks again,

Ed

Userlevel 1

Hi again,

Some fluff has been found partially partially blocking the exit from the roller head. I have cleared this and thoroughly cleaned. The vac now seems to be functioning better.

Ed