V10 stopped working. | Dyson Community
Solved

V10 stopped working.

• 14 March 2023
  • 2 replies

• 0 replies

My V10 has stopped working - All blue lights come on and it will not start. 

The trouble shooter says I need a new body for £79.

However none available, but new ones are for sale.

There seems to be a lot of issues with the V10 on the forums - concerning this matter - is there a fault with these cleaners?

How long do I need to wait for fork out £79 to buy a new body?

It’s not as if the cleaner has had much use, but had it a while. 

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added) 

icon

Best answer by Eagles 14 March 2023, 22:57

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

The V10 is quite a common stick vac. With a large amount on the open market, there’s a higher chance you’d hear some issue here or there. Parts fail, life expectancy I’d say is anywhere from 2 - 5 years. I guess this is why they offer a 2-year warranty. 

The way I see it, three choices are in front of you.

1. Under two-years old, wait for the part to come in stock. Use their notification option or call the service team. The stock level is different between the website and their allocation.
  2. Over two-years old. Order a part from somewhere else. Give the How to: Order spare parts and accessories | Dyson Community post a read. There’s a handful of authorized parts retailers.
  3. Upgrade the machine to a newer model. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I figured you’re in England/Great Britain, as I noticed you used sterling pound (£). Have you tried their ‘Part’ page: Dyson Cyclone V10™ vacuum parts | Dyson. I can see some stock showing! 😃