What is the Battery Cycle Life Expectancy for a V7 cordless vacuum? | Dyson Community

What is the Battery Cycle Life Expectancy for a V7 cordless vacuum?

• 25 November 2022
  • 3 replies

We love our V7 Christmas present from last year, use it fortnightly and it has been really great, cleaned regularly, recharged fully always after use and rarely used on max suction.

So it was quite a surprise today for it to suddenly stop after 10 seconds and repeat that after 4 hours charging, using a different power point. Does this mean the battery has failed after just 22 operations?

If so, then we would have to go back to the old 240V unit because those battery packs would have a very large carbon footprint with such a short life, plus a battery replacement cost of $9 every time we use it. Someone give me some good news please.

(Edited by moderator – Moved to a new category)

Globenet 1 year ago

Hi guys

Thanks so much for your fast responses, much appreciated! 

OK it is still a bit of a mystery as it just worked perfectly for 15 mins on low speed without stopping. Everyone here is happy!

Followed @Kibbleb’s advice and constant blue indicated was charging OK so will just keep on enjoying the little gadget and report back if it happens again but hopefully was just a weird glitch.

Again…. thanks for your help )

View original

3 replies

Hey @Globenet 

I think this is similar to an issue I've had in the past. In my case the lights were flashing blue on the trigger pull. Even though I was charging it and there was a connection, the charger was actually inserted incorrectly. 

I got taken down a rabbit hole of ‘what ifs’, searching different posts. I eventually landed on the online help. This diagnosed the cause and I’ve not had an issue since. Maybe this can help you? 

https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/journey/troubleshooting/227588-01

If it isn’t the connection, it possible that it’s a faulty charger? 

Kirby.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there @Globenet,

Thanks so much for reaching out!  Were you able to follow the previous suggestion of testing the machine and gauging the lights that show when pressing and holding the trigger?  Once we can learn of your findings, we’ll be happy to provide further guidance as needed. 

As well, if you prefer troubleshooting support directly with an advisor, and you find the issue is persisting with lack of power from the battery, please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps.  To do this, simply click on our Guides and Manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

Hi guys

Thanks so much for your fast responses, much appreciated! 

OK it is still a bit of a mystery as it just worked perfectly for 15 mins on low speed without stopping. Everyone here is happy!

Followed @Kibbleb’s advice and constant blue indicated was charging OK so will just keep on enjoying the little gadget and report back if it happens again but hopefully was just a weird glitch.

Again…. thanks for your help )