What is the difference between purple and blue post HEPA filters for V15? | Dyson Community
Solved

What is the difference between purple and blue post HEPA filters for V15?

• 25 November 2022
  • 1 reply

• Novice Member
  • 2 replies

My V15 came with purple filter, but in the replacement parts catalog I can see 2:

• Blue 970013-03
  • Purple 970013-02

Is there any difference between them except the color? Why only blue one has “HEPA” mentioned in its name? Does it mean purple isn’t a HEPA filter?

Would be nice if someone could clarify this because currently it’s a bit confusing.

icon

Best answer by Stuart 25 November 2022, 16:27

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @gim 

A great question! 

There is a difference between the two filters past that of the colour.

The Post Filter captures 99.99% of particles down to 0.3 microns. This includes the likes of dust mites, pollen particles, mould spores, skin flakes and those particles the size of some bacteria.

The HEPA post filter captures 99.97% of particles as small as 0.1 microns. Further trapping ultra fine particles such as pet dander and diesel soot. Helping towards creating a cleaner and more hygienic home. This additional filtration allows for the naming specification as HEPA.

This HEPA filter is available for purchase separately and included with certain variations of the Dyson V15 range. 

I hope this helps. 

Stuart