DC 25 Upright vacuum - Brush Bar Not Spinning | Dyson Community
Solved

DC 25 Upright vacuum - Brush Bar Not Spinning

• 23 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi. Hope someone can help please? I have a DC25 that the brush bar has stopped spinning. It spins for about 2 seconds & then stops. I've cleaned it inside & around the bar. Can someone please advise what part has gone faulty?

Many thanks

Iain

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Title Updated)

icon

Best answer by Eagles 23 January 2023, 21:37

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi. @IainBallard!

A classic. The DC25 was one of my first ever Dyson cleaners. It lasted 7 years before retiring. 

I actually remember this well. It was common whenever something stopped it from spinning. Carpet, blockage etc. There was a little red reset button on the side of the head. This reset the bar no issue. We’d usually start with checking the bar for something caught.

As you say it starts then stops, tells me there's a blockage or something trapped that needs removing, over it being faulty.

Give this video a go! I still had it bookmarked 😅

Sam

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi. @IainBallard!

A classic. The DC25 was one of my first ever Dyson cleaners. It lasted 7 years before retiring. 

I actually remember this well. It was common whenever something stopped it from spinning. Carpet, blockage etc. There was a little red reset button on the side of the head. This reset the bar no issue. We’d usually start with checking the bar for something caught.

As you say it starts then stops, tells me there's a blockage or something trapped that needs removing, over it being faulty.

Give this video a go! I still had it bookmarked 😅

Sam

Hey! I remember having to remove the cleaner head, wiping down the electrical contact and then replace it. Might be worth a try if @samwise suggestion doesn’t work.

@IainBallard give this link a go. It walks through removing and reattaching the clean head. 

DC25 Web Troubleshooting

@IainBallard If you wanted to go a step further and check the motor / wiring, try this video:

Hi Folks,

The brush bar on my DC25 recently started to spin intermittently depending on the angle of the handle.

It seems to me that the wiring to or from the switch that controls the bus bar is loose.

The bus bar is clean and free of any hair etc.

What I'm hoping to gain from the community is:

1.  Where is the switch that controls the bus bar and how to gain access to it?
  2. Are there any exploded views or “dismantling” videos of the DC25 anywhere?

I look forward to hearing from all DC25 gurus out there. 😀

Cheers

MGMaestro

Hi Folks,

The brush bar on my DC25 recently started to spin intermittently depending on the angle of the handle.

It seems to me that the wiring to or from the switch that controls the bus bar is loose.

The bus bar is clean and free of any hair etc.

What I'm hoping to gain from the community is:

1.  Where is the switch that controls the bus bar and how to gain access to it?
  2. Are there any exploded views or “dismantling” videos of the DC25 anywhere?

I look forward to hearing from all DC25 gurus out there. 😀

Cheers

MGMaestro

Non Guru here, just a guy with a keyboard and google!

It could be the belt or motor.

Hi George23

Lol, yeah with a keyboard and Google I found how to partially strip it and found a broken wire between the brushbar relay and the motor.

Cheers

MGMaestro