Dyson Ball Animal Pro+ - Brush bar help | Dyson Community

Dyson Ball Animal Pro+ - Brush bar help

• 6 January 2023
  • 1 reply

• 0 replies

I’ve been very happy with how well the vacuum works but there’s some definite design issues that need attention.

After a few uses I do the needful of cleaning the brush bar of little bits of string and hair that build up. This is the standard process documented in the user manual. Fast forward a few years and the beater bar stopped working. I did not see any hair on the beater bar but it did not even move. Still under warranty, I brought to a store for inspection. The tech came out 10 min later with a brand new head and then showed me the inside of the old head. It was super clogged inside the head with hair. The only way to get into the head is to remove screws; pull out the brush bar(s).

Since I want my head to live longer I go through this process of dismantling the head to pull out all the hair (got two women in the house with long hair) about once a month. It’s just really infuriating that a device called “Animal” can’t deal with hair plugging up the insides. And yes, there’s always hidden hair inside the brush bar that I have to remove.

Most manufacturers do not like you disassembling a product while under warranty but I have no choice. Please look at the design of this for a future revision.

Dyson Community Moderator 1 year ago

Hi @faz 

You raise a great point, regarding the brush bar on your Ball Animal Pro. Any time that hair, longer threads or fibers, or the like, are able to get wrapped around the brush bar, if they’re able to accumulate or are not removed straight away, they can eventually get wrapped around the spindles of the brush bar assembly, which can burn out the motor over time. This results, as you well know, in the brush bar no longer spinning or being able to function. If you do have pets in the home, I usually recommend checking that brush bar every time you empty the clear dust bin, as regular maintenance on the machine. On some of our newer cord-free and upright models, we have a Motorbar or anti-tangle cleaner head, which has built-in vanes that prevent hair from tangling around the brush bar, which results in a much better overall cleaning experience.

If you still have questions or concerns, please let us know!

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @faz 

You raise a great point, regarding the brush bar on your Ball Animal Pro. Any time that hair, longer threads or fibers, or the like, are able to get wrapped around the brush bar, if they’re able to accumulate or are not removed straight away, they can eventually get wrapped around the spindles of the brush bar assembly, which can burn out the motor over time. This results, as you well know, in the brush bar no longer spinning or being able to function. If you do have pets in the home, I usually recommend checking that brush bar every time you empty the clear dust bin, as regular maintenance on the machine. On some of our newer cord-free and upright models, we have a Motorbar or anti-tangle cleaner head, which has built-in vanes that prevent hair from tangling around the brush bar, which results in a much better overall cleaning experience.

If you still have questions or concerns, please let us know!