Dyson Cylinder vaccum - Need a replacement part: 917260-01 (Wand) | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Cylinder vaccum - Need a replacement part: 917260-01 (Wand)

Userlevel 1
  • Novice Member
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I saw that this part is out of stock, so I called Dyson and the service representative said that part 967365-01 is compatible. He then told me that there might be back stock available. I was told that I had to register my machine in order to be notified when the part is in stock and he proceeded to register my machine over the phone. He assured me that after talking with a supervisor, he would email me a summary of our conversation. I tried to log into MyDyson, but I found that I was not registered. I registered my vacuum. 

I did not receive an email from Dyson, but the service rep gave me an email address “questions@dyson.com” I emailed my query about the parts, but I have received no response. 

I found part 967365-01 at an overseas seller and inquired about its compatibility with CY18. He responded that it is not compatible. I am confused and a bit frustrated because I don’t know if the parts are compatible I can’t use my machine without part 917260-01. 

Where might I find help for this situation?

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added)

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 11 March 2023, 22:51

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

You won’t receive a response. Dyson haven’t used email for a while now - it’s the reason why it doesn’t show on their website. Calling or messaging on WhatsApp are the only real options to speak directly with one of their agents. For a list of compatible parts, you’ll do no better then checking their website. Picking you model from a list presents all current compatible parts. Get started here: How to: Order spare parts and accessories

Userlevel 1

Thank you, samwise. I looked at the parts. One is out of stock. The other wand (Part No. 923523-01: the one with the red end)  is long and I’ve not seen it in any pictures of Cinetic Animal Big Ball Vacuum. I will call then back. Thank you for the info regarding the email address and for giving me the link to look up spare parts. (The website is not very friendly.) 

Userlevel 1

samwise,

I found a part with the link provided. I ordered part 967365-01 because the description listed Cinetic Animal vacuums. There are so many “animals” listed there, I figured that one has to be mine! I’ll check in when I receive it.

Thank you for your guidance. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

samwise,

I found a part with the link provided. I ordered part 967365-01 because the description listed Cinetic Animal vacuums. There are so many “animals” listed there, I figured that one has to be mine! I’ll check in when I receive it.

Thank you for your guidance. 

Really happy that I could help 😃.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @PJam 

Hope you’re well! Part number 967365-01 appears to be an extension tube for the CY22 and CY23 models. I'm not able to tell if your machine was indeed registered when you called, but I presume it was, as we'd have to have your email on file in order to send an in-stock alert to you. The questions@dyson.com email is a US address, so I'm going to safely assume you're in the States. I did also check stock of this part for you, it's listed as ok for us to order and in stock. If you have not yet already placed an order for this part, you can do so by contacting our “Techsperts” via phone or chat and they can help! You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Have a great weekend!

Userlevel 1

@kellym , Thank  you for the reply. I am in the US. 

I ordered part 967365-01 because I saw a list of compatible machines. I have the Cinetic Animal Big Ball--the purple one. 

This is the label on my machine. I think the model is CY18. All of my searches led me to Cinetic Animal Big Ball. 

Did I make a mistake in ordering the part? (I registered my machine.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @PJam 

You’re good with this part! I do see it listed on our end for the Cinetic machine, which is what your CY18 is. You should have no trouble with the part ordered. If you do when you receive it, DM me here and I’ll lend a second part of eyes to this for you.

Best wishes,

Userlevel 1

@kellym , 

The part does not fit. I am returning the part. I need the tube that connects to the hose. 

I am still looking. I appreciate your help, Kelly.

(I don’t know how to DM here.)

Jan

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@kellym , 

The part does not fit. I am returning the part. I need the tube that connects to the hose. 

I am still looking. I appreciate your help, Kelly.

(I don’t know how to DM here.)

Jan

Click on Kelly’s image, view their profile and click ‘send message’. 🤗

Userlevel 1

@Eagles , Thank  you!!

Jan

Userlevel 1

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for listening and your support. I ended up buying the part from the UK. It works!

Jan