Upright vacuum cleaner - Ball Animal 2 - Brush Bar Not Spinning on one side (left, shorter side). | Dyson Community
Solved

Upright vacuum cleaner - Ball Animal 2 - Brush Bar Not Spinning on one side (left, shorter side).

• 24 January 2023
  • 1 reply

I’ve looked on several different sites and Youtube videos on what could be going on, but can’t quite seem to figure this out.  I’ve been able to remove the cleaner head, removed hair from brush, and cleaned the electrical sensors, but the left side of the brush bar still won’t spin when running.

When it’s off, I’ve noticed the left side spins almost too easily.  When compared to the right side, which works properly and has a “tighter” spin to it when spinning manually while off, the left side just spins around too easily almost as if it’s not attached properly.  Not sure how else to explain it really but I’ve tried everything I can find and it’s still not working.  The one step I couldn’t complete was removing the brush bar entirely.  According the directions I found a T10 torx should work to remove the 4 screws still holding the brush on, but I couldn’t get those off even with a T10.  Kinda stuck (no pun intended).

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Title Updated)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 24 January 2023, 14:21

View original

1 reply

Hello @mcline06 

I am so sorry to hear that you have an issue with the left side of your brush bar.

This seems like a strange one. 

I do believe, by following our troubleshooting steps in the link, you’ll be able to find a resolution. Let's get your machine working.

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

Thanks. 

Jodey.