Upright Vacuum DC14 clutch VERY noisy - RATTLES | Dyson Community

Upright Vacuum DC14 clutch VERY noisy - RATTLES

• 7 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Recently fitted a new Clutch assembly to my DC14 Animal and disappointed to find that when engaged makes a loud and annoying 'rattling' ...... any thoughts?

(Edited by moderator – Tags added/Moved to a new category)

Stuart 1 year ago

Hi @JohnW

Thanks for posting a question.

This might not be something our other members have experience with, so I thought it best I reply. 

Although Dyson no longer provide servicing or replacement parts for the DC14, we do have a diagnostic system that helps guide owners through a serial of quick and easy troubleshooting steps. These steps are designed to help identify potential issues. Please visit our online Guides and manuals link, choosing your machine from the on-screen listing and navigating through to the ‘Troubleshooting’ option. 

The noise your experiencing could easily be a blockage in the lower duct, else where in the machine or caused by the brush bar not being reinstalled correctly. If the faulty still lies with the motor, this would be something you’d need to discuss with the retailer you purchased this from. 

Thanks, 

Stuart.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

None. The dc14 predates my first Dyson.
I did find a YouTube video that could help provide a measure of guidance and reassurance. DC14 clutch replacement.

Thanks, I'm thinking that maybe the 'new' Clutch has some internal defect ..... sounds like something like the thrust ring plates or bearings?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @JohnW

Thanks for posting a question.

This might not be something our other members have experience with, so I thought it best I reply. 

Although Dyson no longer provide servicing or replacement parts for the DC14, we do have a diagnostic system that helps guide owners through a serial of quick and easy troubleshooting steps. These steps are designed to help identify potential issues. Please visit our online Guides and manuals link, choosing your machine from the on-screen listing and navigating through to the ‘Troubleshooting’ option. 

The noise your experiencing could easily be a blockage in the lower duct, else where in the machine or caused by the brush bar not being reinstalled correctly. If the faulty still lies with the motor, this would be something you’d need to discuss with the retailer you purchased this from. 

Thanks, 

Stuart.