Air Purifier Always Shows Severed Air Quality | Dyson Community
Solved

Air Purifier Always Shows Severed Air Quality

• 11 January 2022
  • 2 replies

We have a Dyson Pure Cool in our little bedroom. The machine is only 2 years old and always shows severe for air quality. We just bought a new filter for it but still shows the same.  See above. 

It seems that either a) the machine is unable to accurately gauge the air quality or b) it is unable to clean the room. 

Please advise what we should do. We’re both working professionals and don’t have time to run around to Dyson repair shops. We’ve done this with our Dyson vacuum which seems to break every other month. (Unfortunately haven’t had much luck with this company). 

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by DavidTaylor 12 January 2022, 13:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Kaysuez 

Welcome to the community. 

It does not seem like you have had the best of luck with Dyson. Hopefully we can turn that around :) 

The 999 / Severe reading is usually an indicator for a blockage in the machine. Thankfully there is an article on the community that can help you fix this. One thing this article doesn’t tell you is that vacuuming the sensor port is far easier then try to remove the lint/dust with a cloth. 

My machine/App shows a 999 Severe reading, what do I do? | Dyson Community 

I’d also recommend reading “Keeping your purifier performing at its best”. It has some great suggestions and recommendations on how to keep the machine clean and free from blockages in the future.

Best of luck.

David.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @Kaysuez 

If you continue seeing the 999 severe reading on your machine, this can also typically be remedied by cleaning/vacuuming the sensor port on your machine. Can you confirm the model purifier you have?