Purifier - Filter Status Issue? | Dyson Community
Solved

Purifier - Filter Status Issue?

• 27 January 2023
  • 1 reply

I have two air purifiers, a Dyson Pure Cool Link and a Dyson Pure Hot+Cool.  The Cool Link, which I purchased in November of 2020, shows me the filter status in the app.  Currently, I still show 11% life on that original filter.  However, the Hot+Cool, which I purchased in April of 2022, just shows 0%, which cannot be right.  It’s as if it does not even recognize that there’s a filter in there.  In the app, the “Continuous monitoring” switch is in the “on” position, but the “Filter management” section, is just “grayed out” and does not respond.  Any suggestions on how to correct that?

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added)

icon

Best answer by Charliebrown 27 January 2023, 14:40

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@cwturner 

I’m paraphrasing, purifiers calculate this filter life base on a percentage of use. If you use one more than the other, you’ll see the filter calculation rate differ. Read more on this calculation here: 

How is the filter life calculated and displayed in the App?

If the app isn’t reporting on the ‘Filter Management’ section, try restarting/resetting it the purifier. May be a mis-match in the software or information sent over the cloud. You may also want to consider re-registering it on the app. Start here: 

'Power Cycling/Restarting' your air treatment machine

Charlie.