Filter Upgrade - Combined filter vs duel use - Not represented in the IOS app | Dyson Community
Solved

Filter Upgrade - Combined filter vs duel use - Not represented in the IOS app

• 3 March 2022
  • 1 reply

I own a Dyson Pure Cool. Since Dyson has done away with producing 2x seperate filters for this model (HEPA and Carbon Filter) and have amalgamated both into one filter.

This change has not been implemented into the IOS App, specifically when you click on the cog icon top right and go into the ‘your machine settings’ then scroll down to ‘Air’ heading and click on ‘Filter management’…..the app still shows the device as having seperate filters, which by the way you need to reset filter life on each one. Even though as mentioned it is now only one filter.

Will this be changed? 
There is also the heading ‘using your machine’ that also refers to 2x seperate filters that needs to be changed.

(Edited by moderator – tags added)

icon

Best answer by Stuart 3 March 2022, 15:46

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @etrain 

Thanks for posting a question. 

As this is quite niche, it might not be something another community member can answer, that is unless they have already asked it via another one of our channels. I can provide some insight, however.

Before Dyson introduced the combined filter (COMBI/EVO), Purifiers came with the individual HEPA and CARBON filters. As our technology and software improved over time, we began releasing newer models of our Purifier range. These newer models came with the combined filter as standard, and whilst this new filter type could be used in our existing purifiers, these purifiers have no way to identify that they have this single filter variant. This sits both in the onboard software of the product(s) and the In-App experience.

The online store should have shown you that this combination filter is compatible with your model, and provide you the choice to purchase either this filter type or the standard HEPA and carbon. I am sorry that this wasn’t the case.

I can offer you assurance however that the In-App filter life is calculated using the same metrics. Meaning that the filter life function will still report the correct percentage (%) and percentage (%) decrease over time. This is just shown over both variants on the App screen. Our How is the filter life calculated and displayed in the App? article can help answer any questions you have over this calculation.

I advise you to reset both of these filter types, otherwise you may receive notification that one of the filter is depleted. 

I have regular reviews with our development team, so will ensure I bring this up and highlight your comments in our next session. As these Purifier(s) have no way to identify the single use filter, I am afraid that there isn’t anything that can be done to amend the In-App experience.

Could I ask you update your account with your Purifiers serial number? I can use this to highlight your particular model and attached it to the comments I send through to the team.

If you have any question, feel free to @Me in a reply.

Thanks,

Stuart