Air Treatment - Filters - Lifespan / Expiry | Dyson Community
Solved

Air Treatment - Filters - Lifespan / Expiry

• 6 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello, How long are my filters meant to last? Thank you.

icon

Best answer by DavidTaylor 6 August 2021, 16:36

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @GraceWood have you looked in the Knowledge Base?

This article might be useful... 

David.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello, 

I hadn’t. There is sooooo much there! Thanks for sharing the link to my question.

Have a lovely evening. ..

The disappointing thing about the filter usage percentage is it’s not actually linked to the filter itself, just a percentage based on how long the machine is switched on for   Therefore is only a guide, not a definitive assessment to the quality of the filter

therefore some people will be replacing filters when they don’t need to, and some not changing when they should, as it’s all dependent on conditions the machine is used in, not how long it’s switched on for 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Shaun 

Thanks for leaving a comment. It’s great to have the opportunity to provide more information about our filters.

The ‘Checking the machine's filter life’ shows that our connected machines are programmed to remind you to replace the filter unit after 12 months, this is based on an average of 12 hours of usage a day. This recommendation ensures that users receive maximum benefit from their machine.

We identified this average by testing against filtration efficiency at 0.1 microns (EN1822). This is a recognised testing metric for filtration levels. 

Filter(s) not replaced after this time can get clogged with pollutants.

It’s not clear when the filters should be changed says every 12 months but my filter still shows 48% as it’s not on for 12hours per day. I’ve never received a notification      
to change the filter so at what %age will I be notified to change it. Please advise. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

It’s not clear when the filters should be changed says every 12 months but my filter still shows 48% as it’s not on for 12hours per day. I’ve never received a notification      
to change the filter so at what %age will I be notified to change it. Please advise. 

Hi @Stevetlfc 

Thanks for posting a comment.

Owners will start to receive notifications in the app around the 5% - 10% mark.

This will highlight that the filter is coming to the end of it’s expected life and direct owners through to the Dyson website for purchase. 

It sounds like you may have owned your machine for 12 months or more and not yet received a notification. This is because the filter life calculation also takes into account for the time the machine is not in use/ turned on, and is not activity purifying. If you do not use your machine as regularly as some and your percentage calculator has not yet counted down, you may not receive a notification at the 12 month mark.  

Hopefully this answers your query, if not, feel free to @Me for any follow up questions.

Thanks, 

Stuart

Thank you Stuart very helpful