Is it safe to have Dyson HP04 running 24/7? | Dyson Community
Solved

Is it safe to have Dyson HP04 running 24/7?

• 25 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone,

I Just got the HP04 and placed it on the Master Bedroom & have been using it since the day it was delivered. This triggered the question if running the Humidifier 24/7 set to 40% and the Purifier in Auto Mode will damage my HP04; granted that whenever the Air Quality settings have been reached my HP04 goes into Standby Mode; still I’m concerned that not turning off my damage it. What is Dyson recommendation on the continuous and/or uninterrupted usage for the HP04? Is it Ok to not turn it off? Should i just limit the usage to 12 hours intervals per day?

Thank you all in advance for your help and input.

Cheers!

(Edited by moderator – Tags added)

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 27 April 2022, 16:06

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @ikeman624,

Congratulations on your new purchase! You definitely can keep your HP04 running 24/7. If you utilize the auto mode function, your machine will automatically kick in when it senses that the air quality has dipped below the target you’ve set. The same can be said when using your machine in heat mode. If you were to set your machine for a target temperature of 70 degrees, and the room temperature dipped below the set temperature, it would kick back on to blow heated air, until the room target temperature is met. If not using in auto mode, the machine will be running at full power the entire time in use. For example, if you just have the fan/purifier on, it will run until you turn it off.

Keep in mind that your filter life is based on hours; the filter should last about 4400 hours. If you do use the machine 24/7, you should expect about 6 months of life from your filter.

You may find the following articles helpful as well. Using Auto Mode and Using Continuous Monitoring

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @ikeman624 

My partner and I have our set in Auto. Its hard not to sound like I am reading from the packaging when I say this, but the machine really is there when we need it and goes off when we don’t. 

We’ve been running it in this setting since setting it up a few year ago. Never had a problem and it still sounds like its brand new. We’ve had to replace the filter a few times, but in my opinion this is a small price to pay to help us maintain good air. 

David. 

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for your reply with so very informative feedback. My machine is the Purifier Humidify+ Cool Formaldehyde version, so I don’t have the Heating option. 

I would ever be so grateful indeed if you could expand your answer based on Dyson recommending to have both Auto Purify and Auto Humidify ON. In my case I just have the Auto Purify option ON. The Auto Humidify setting, I have it OFF, since I find the Humidity standard of 70% defined by Dyson a tad bit high for my comfort. So I have manually set the humidity level to 40%.

Considering these personal settings of mine, I keep wondering if having the machine running 24/7 won’t have a negative impact on it (aside of the filter life cycle of course as mentioned by you)

Your feedback will be so much and highly appreciated.

Thanks

Isaac

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @ikeman624,

Sorry for the mix-up. You had mentioned having an HP04, which is a unit that provides heat as well as cooling and purification.

If you utilize Continuous monitoring with your PH04, the machine will gather air quality, temperature and humidity information which is then displayed on your LCD screen and in the Dyson Link app. You can turn this on or off, by pressing and holding the Auto purify mode button on your remote control for five seconds.

Auto (purify) mode takes away any indecision over which airflow level to select. This mode intelligently monitors and reacts to indoor air pollutants and adjusts your machine accordingly.

The machine will pause when your target air quality has been met, and switch back on when air quality drops. The airflow speed will increase until the target air quality and temperature have been met. When in auto mode, the airflow can go as high as level 10, even if your air quality readings are good - in green. Sometimes this higher airflow level will be needed to prevent air quality from dipping into the red. 

When using Auto (humidify) mode, the machine's on-board sensors will adjust settings as needed, according to the existing temperature and humidity in the room. 

You can definitely utilize one mode (purify in Auto, for example) and not humidity - it's really a matter of personal preference. In my own personal use of a different EC machine we offer, I always set my machine to Auto so as to take away any guesswork and to ensure that my room air was always at optimal levels, according to the on-board sensors of the machine. I do hope this helps some. Definitely let us know if you have any other questions/concerns. We're always happy to help!