360 Heurist - Jockey Wheel | Dyson Community
Solved

360 Heurist - Jockey Wheel

• 25 April 2023
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 1

I just got a unit off of ebay from Japan. Apparently, the I thibknits called the bump skid is broke. It's in the middle of the front it pivots 30 degrees left/right. I think it's supposed to have a wheel or something there, but it's just a plate and the spring ends are dragging the floor. Does anybody know of a parts diagram for this? And where I csn order a replacement? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Stuart 26 April 2023, 16:05

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

21 replies

Userlevel 1

Or more precisely, it's the caster that attaches to the skid plate.

If it is the part I think it is, you’ll need the Soleplate edge (Part No. 967263-01).

Either call Dyson or search for the part online. 

Userlevel 1

No, it's apparently called the Jockey Wheel, or the Scroll Wheel. I've found it on ebay and on Dyson's spare parts under thr 360 Eye, but it's out of stock everywhere I've found it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255252056385?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=wFFcRDHmSfq&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=sTCnTDbARmu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

The part isn’t sold on their website: How to: Order spare parts and accessories | Dyson Community. It probably means the stock hasn’t been allocated to the online stores. Try giving dyson a call, placing a direct order. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Tome10

Welcome to the world of Dyson robotics!

Very niche question, thankfully I’ve found the answer.

The part you’re looing for is the ‘Jockey wheel’ (Part No 967297-01).

I can confirm there is stock available to order in Japan. An order will however need to be placed over the telephone or through the online live chat feature. 

Once you’ve received the part, this content should see you off to a great start!

1. Our very own category covering all things in the home, from setting up the dock, preparing your home, through to your very first clean - Setting up your home | Robot Category  
  2. Our YouTube video that provides further bespoke advice on getting started - Dyson 360 Heurist™ robot vacuum - Getting started

Best,

Stuart

Userlevel 1

So I need to call Dyson Japan?

Userlevel 5

@Tome10 Are you not in Japan? 

Use (Visit Dyson.com) link find the local number for Dyson. 

Userlevel 1

No, I bought the unit off ebay. Of course I woukd get snookered into buying a unit missing this $10 wheel. Shrug

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

No, I bought the unit off ebay. Of course I woukd get snookered into buying a unit missing this $10 wheel. Shrug

Hey @Tome10 

Though the part you’re missing isn’t sold online, it is customer fit. Any market that sells the Dyson robot should have stock - using the link Bob provided, you’ll be taken to the local Dyson site. Navigate to the ‘Support’ tab and use the onscreen number to contact Dyson. The team can then arrange everything else 😄

Stuart

Userlevel 1

I am not having any luck. Dyson JP says they cannot sell or ship products outside of Japan. I am not sure 'Parts' would constitutes finished 'products' in this case. Any lawyers? How do I get this part?

This is the passage they believe prevents sending me the part. Is a product a finished Dyson product, or is a 'Part' a product as well?

"We are limited to selling our products through our website and delivering them only to customers residing in Japan."

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I am not having any luck. Dyson JP says they cannot sell or ship products outside of Japan. I am not sure 'Parts' would constitutes finished 'products' in this case. Any lawyers? How do I get this part?

This is the passage they believe prevents sending me the part. Is a product a finished Dyson product, or is a 'Part' a product as well?

"We are limited to selling our products through our website and delivering them only to customers residing in Japan."

Dyson don’t offer international shipping. You’ll have to order it in your country. 

Userlevel 1

The 360 eye/Heurist was apparently not released in 'my country'. Should Dyson US have parts to support products not released in the US? I understsnd Dyson JP not selling finished products outside markets, but I'm not sure a Part is a 'Finished Product'. I have a Dyson, I need a part, whoever has that part should be able to send a customer a part. No BS involved.

The 360 eye/Heurist was apparently not released in 'my country'. Should Dyson US have parts to support products not released in the US? I understsnd Dyson JP not selling finished products outside markets, but I'm not sure a Part is a 'Finished Product'. I have a Dyson, I need a part, whoever has that part should be able to send a customer a part. No BS involved.

If it was never on sale, they wouldn’t have parts. The same can be said for any product. I’m sure there’s a stipulated somewhere that outlines support for machines that are only sold in the market, or where a similar part is available. In your case, they don’t have.

They sold it in Canada, maybe you can have it shipped from there? if not, use a 3rd party to obtain the part - now that you know what it is. Maybe one of the suggestions on this post can help: How to: Order spare parts and accessories | Dyson Community.

Userlevel 1

I reached out to all of the above mentioned suppliers, and nobody has a Jockey Wheel. I wish to change the name of this thread to Mission Impossible to find Jockey Wheel Part. People need to know to not buy these things used because you can't get parts for them.

Hello, I have been waiting for this jockey wheel to come back in stock for more than a year now. Can anyone help me here? The customer service in my region is close to useless. Other than waiting, there is no other answers from them. 
@Stuart Is it correct that we can order this from Japan? How do we do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @germainerose

Thanks for the mention - Dyson don’t offer an international delivery option, so you’ll only be able to order it from Dyson Japan if you are in having it delivered to a residence there.

As the part is identified as customer fit. Any market that sells the Dyson robot should have stock. To contact Dyson use the Visit Dyson.com link, navigate to the ‘Support’ tab and use the onscreen number to contact Dyson.

Thanks, 

Stuart

Hi @Tome10, I just checked some stock in the US for the Jockey wheel, it does appear that we have a very limited amount of this part. You can reach out an agent by phone or chat directly from the site in the US and ask to place an order for part 967297-01. If no luck send me a DM here and I will see what I can do to help you out with this one! 

Hi @Stuart I have contacted the support in my region (Denmark), the answer is not in stock from the support personnel. And there is no other alternative to get this part. 

Any third parties with stock? How to: Order spare parts and accessories | Dyson Community

I checked through all of them, no luck 👎🏻