dyson cool air purifier app Scheduler not working after general power outage | Dyson Community
Solved

dyson cool air purifier app Scheduler not working after general power outage

• 26 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Before power outage scheduler works fine.

After the general power outage, the purfier does not perform the schedules at the specified times. Need to power off and the dyson for the schedules to work again. My assumption is that the dyson gets its time info while the network while the router is recovering from the same booting up from the outage and has either no time set or the default time during its process.

This seems to be fairly systematic (and rather annoying as its plug is behind a bookcase).

Would like a SW fix, as outages happen at least once a year

icon

Best answer by Jack 28 February 2024, 16:36

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @TommyG,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this. 

To resolve this, in the first instance we’d recommend power-cycling your Dyson purifier fan:

We’d also suggest deleting and reinstalling your MyDyson™ app, and if your machine isn’t already set up to receive automatic software updates, it’s a good idea to enable this to make sure it’s always running on the latest available software.

If you continue to have issues after trying all of these steps, please speak directly with our Dyson Customer Care experts in your region for some further support. You can visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

Hope this helps!

I know how to fix it, (classic turning it on and off again)

however I have two problems with this.

1/ the plug is behind the bookcase, so I have to do some moving of furniture to do it. So it takes time to do.

2/ I think for the price the SW should check the time and correct itself and not really on its power on state. In a general power cut, one does not expect the time to be correct when the router and everything else Is powering up. It’s systematic 

I already contact Japan support, but they just repeated several times I should send the unit in and pay roughly 200 dollars for the privilege.