scheduler functionality request | Dyson Community
Solved

scheduler functionality request

• 22 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Can you please add oscillation details (direction and swing) into the scheduler?

I’m in a small place and have the fan pointing at my bed at night with swing on and my desk during the day with swing off. It would be great to be able to automate this so that I’m not fiddling with app settings twice a day. 
I’ve got a HP07

(Edited by moderator – tags added) 

icon

Best answer by Stuart 24 February 2022, 10:42

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

@Brento if I understand this right, you want to turn oscillation on at night and off in the day. This functionality already exists.

I have something similar set up at home on our heater, where the heating is turned on early morning and then cooling mid-afternoon.

This is what you’ll need to do to set this up. 

Use the scheduler, create the first schedule as your daytime one. Select all the days you want this to cover and input the no oscillation setting. Add any other settings you want, airspeed, heating, cooling etc

Once this is saved, press the (+) icon in the top right of the screen. Here, create a second schedule over the same days, with different hours, which covers the evening/night. Input the oscillation setting and add any of the other settings you want as well. 

It took me a few attempts to get it right and I kept having to go back into the scheduler to edit the time and temperature. It now works great,

Happy to help if you get stuck setting this up. 

Pete. 

Thanks but I’m hoping for the advanced settings under oscillation - outside of the scheduler if you press on oscillation you get two options

1) direction, which you can edit by moving the picture of the fan, and

2) the size of the oscillation- off/45/90/180/350 degrees. 

These are what I’m after. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Brento

Great to see you’ve creating a topic about a new functionality.

Currently, the scheduling function across our Air Treatment range does not allow for the setting of this advance oscillation. It is only available through the In-App remote. 

I will however highlight this topic at the next development planning session(s). This is where the team review and prioritise suggestions ahead of each software release and development phase. With each release, they aim to fulfil some of the requests that are made. Though I cannot directly comment on this future development discussion and our technology integration plans, through highlighting it, I’d hope that the team will invest time in the feature. 

If there are any other suggestions you wish to make on how you feel we can improve the app, feel free to leave further comments. I will pass these onto our development team for future consideration. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

Userlevel 1

I'm not sure this is solved is it? I too would have liked the function to be able to choose the angle of the oscillation on schedules. It's obviously capable, just needs to be incorporated. During the day I'm happy with 180 degree oscillation, but when in bed it's best to have the angle rotate just enough to cover the area of the bed.