Airwrap making my hair greasy | Dyson Community

Airwrap making my hair greasy

• 10 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I love my Dyson airwrap but I find that every time I use it my hair is extremely greasy and needs immediate wash.

It doesn't happen when I use my normal hair dryer or leave it to dry naturally. I also tried changing shampoo/ conditioner but saw no impact.

Please help!

(Edited by moderator – Tags added) 

2 replies

Hi @karobertson 

I am so glad that this didn’t just happen to me! Instead of my pervious hair wash routine, where I was washing my hair two/three times a week, I was up to five! 

I posted the same very question last month and a stylist replied! @SalonSally - Excessively oily/greasy hair | Dyson Community. They recommended I started with slightly damp hair and used a different heat protector.

I made the switch at the start of the month, ordering a new heat spray, changing my shampoo/conditioner and left my hair a little damper. It miraculously fixed the problem! After a week, I was back to my usual washing routine and couldn’t be happier!

Maybe this can help you too 😁

Thanks @Bluejeans83 I always let me hair dry naturally a bit before styling. I also changed shampoo/ conditioner and that didn't help. I also don’t use heat protector at all. I might maybe get one and see if adding it to my routine helps. I feel a bit hopeless but want to give it a try, as I passed my 30 day return period. 

Any other suggestions welcome