Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler: How to curl your hair | Dyson Community
TIPS - HAIR CARE

Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler: How to curl your hair

• 16 March 2023
  • 3 replies
Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler: How to curl your hair
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

To help with curling your hair, our team of dedicated experts have shared a short film and step-by-step guide showing just how to curl your hair with the Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler.

Our team thought there would be no better place to highlighting it, then on our own Community.

Step-by-step guide

Step 1. Begin with wet hair

Step 2. Then dry to damp using the Pre-styling dryer

Step 3. Use the 30mm/1.2inch barrel to practise

Step 4. Select full power and high heat

Step 5. Take a small section of hair

Step 6. Hold it about 10cm from the end

Step 7. Introduce the ends to the arrows

Step 8. Move the barrel towards your head without twisting

Step 9. Hold for 15 seconds, or until hair is dry

Step 10. Push the cold shot for 5 to 10 seconds to set curl

Step 11. Switch off and pull down to release the curl

Want to watch a quick, step-by-step guide to achieve your ideal style?

Take a look at our Tips for achieving your style and Tips for longer lasting curls articles. 

If you have any questions on curling or if you’d like to share your own tips on achieving a style, feel free to add these below. Any other tips you’d like to share, please post them in our ‘Tips and tricks’ section on the Community homepage.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey Y’all!

This is a super fantastic starter guide! My niece has just got the Airwrap and I’ll be directly sending her this to this page! I for one didn’t know there was a YouTube video on this. You guys should really mention this in the box material. 

Lemon 🍋 

Hi @Stuart! I’ve never owned a Dyson before last week. It has been a little sticky getting used to it! I’ve been looking for a step guide and simple advice on how to use it! I’ll start here and let you know if I get stuck. D. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @DeeDee 

We hope you’re getting to know all the attachments and settings on your Airwrap ok. There is a definite learning curve, and working in a more customer-service oriented role at Dyson, one of the most common comments or questions I get is “how do I make my curls last?”  One tip I do always like to provide is - experiment with how wet or dry your hair is. If you begin with wet hair, and dry it a bit with the dryer and find curls don’t last - try not drying your hair so much next time. Or, grab a spray bottle of water to spritz each section a bit before curling. Also, make sure your curl is completely dry before you release and don’t forget the cold shot! 

We’ve got some amazing stylists here in the Community who I know can also help with any other questions, too!