Dyson Cordless - Cleaning dust bin / container. Is there an easier way? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Cordless - Cleaning dust bin / container. Is there an easier way?

• 24 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

We have a kennel of Siberian Huskies and though we have several Dyson corded vacuum cleaners many times for a quick clean it’s easier to get a cordless version. I had my eye on the V12 but the static electricity makes the dog hairs cling to the canister requiring me to be able disassemble the pod from the main body and use a compressor to clean it out. Can you entirely and easily separate the waste container from the main body to clean it? Thanks for your replies

siberian

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Title Updated)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 25 July 2023, 14:58

View original

2 replies

Isn’t the V12 the one with the tiny bin? if it is, I wouldn’t personally think that would be a great fit for large breed dogs. Maybe an outsized would be a better fit! larger bin, cleaner head etc… Might be worth a look! 

I’ve taken the bin off of mine before. It should just slide down. This video recording on youtube shows the process on the V12. It should be the same on each model. 

Jane.

Badge

Thanks, yes looking at the size of the bin, the V12 is definitely not the right choice for my needs.

siberian