Eight reasons to Connect your Dyson to the MyDyson App | Dyson Community

Eight reasons to Connect your Dyson to the MyDyson App

• 15 September 2023
  • 1 reply
Eight reasons to Connect your Dyson to the MyDyson App
Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Connecting a Dyson to the MyDyson App is a straightforward process, in my opinion it brings a wealth of convenience and control to your fingertips. Whether you own a Dyson air purifier, vacuum cleaner, or light, this integration allows for even easier management and unlocks more features than I’ve seen before.

Features Unlocked with MyDyson App Integration

1. Remote Control: You can control their purifiers, robots and lights remotely via the app. Adjust settings, change fan speeds, activate purification modes, or schedule cleaning tasks all from your smartphone or tablet. 

2. Real-Time Monitoring: Monitor the air quality, filter life, and device status in real-time. To me, this data helps me make informed decisions about my indoor environment, especially around cooking times and spikes in pollen. 

3. Scheduling and Automation: Set up schedules to have the Dyson operate automatically at specific times. For instance, you can schedule the air purifier to run during the night or the robot vacuum to clean while you're at work and in specific locations. 

4. Notifications: Receive alerts and notifications regarding filter replacement, maintenance requirements, or any other issues with the Dyson.

5. Firmware Updates: Ensure your Dyson product is always up-to-date with the latest features and improvements. Dyson seem to update software on their latest products quarterly. 

6. Compatibility with Voice Assistants: The App supports voice assistants like Amazon Alexa, Siri Shortcuts and Google Assistant, allowing you to control the Dyson with voice commands. Very handy if you’re thinking of creating any 

7. Integration with Other Smart Home Ecosystems: MyDyson App can integrate with smart home platforms like Google Home, enhancing your home automation experience.

8. Support at your fingertips: Other than reviewing the guarantee information for what’s registered, the latest update provides the ability to purchase replacement parts for the products you register and links back here with relative ease.

I’m sure you’ll agree, the MyDyson App is packed full. With the investment and growth over the last 12-months+, I for one am eager to see what they do next!

For anyone after resource or instructions on downloading the MyDyson App, I recommend reading these two posts: Downloading the Dyson App  and Creating an account in the Dyson App

David.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @DavidTaylor

Thanks for sharing your insight - you’re taking on the Superuser mantel at running speed I see!

I can’t think of a better place for this to be, then in our ‘Featured’ section of the homepage! Combined with our ‘Spotlighted Post’ tag, it should help it to stand out even more! 

I’d also recommend those interested in the MyDyson App to read our Joining MyDyson™ and registering your machines article - this has a up-to-data list of machine compatible on the App. 

Keep up the great work 😁!

Stuart