How do I use the Dyson Pet grooming kit on my Dyson cordless vacuum? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

The Dyson Pet groom tool is engineered for homes with pets. It removes loose hair, pet dander and allergens directly from your pet - before it’s shed around your home. Captured hair is then sucked hygienically away straight into your Dyson vacuum’s bin for easy and hygienic disposal.

Dyson groom tool

How do I get my pet ready?

• Place your Dyson vacuum and tools in view of your pet, to make them part of your pet's surroundings.
  • Move their feeding bowl near the vacuum so they get used to it.
  • Next, try vacuuming nearby while your pet feeds.
  • Before grooming, make sure your pet's coat is completely dry, and free of large knots and matted fur.
  • The first time you use the tool, try without your Dyson vacuum attached. Hold down the button on the tool with your thumb to release the bristles.
  • Groom in the direction of the fur. Rewarding good behaviour can help!
  • When your pet is comfortable with the tool, follow the steps below.

How do I use my Dyson pet grooming kit?

• Attach the XL extension hose and groom tool to your Dyson vacuum.
  • We recommend using Medium mode or the lowest power setting - depending on the model of Dyson cordless vacuum you own.
  • Hold down the button on the tool with your thumb to release the bristles.
  • Groom in the direction of the fur.
  • Release the button to suck hair and dander into the bin.
  • You may need some help to support your pet, we recommend having someone else on hand to keep your pet comfortable.
  • Pet hair can fill your bin quickly - always empty once it reaches the MAX mark.

FAQs

Is the Pet groom tool suitable for my pet?

The Pet groom tool is engineered for use on medium- and long-haired adult pets that you already groom using a slicker brush. You can check with your vet or pet groomer before using to confirm suitability for your pet.

Please note, this tool is not suitable for pets with wool coats – for example, Poodle, Bichon Frise and Puli.

Can the Pet groom tool groom wet fur?

No. Grooming wet fur could damage your vacuum. Please make sure your pet’s coat is completely dry before using the Pet groom tool.

Will pet hair block my vacuum?

The pet hair will be sucked directly into your Dyson vacuum’s bin during use. The volume of pet hair collected when using the Pet groom tool means you’ll need to empty the bin more often to prevent blockages. We recommend that you wash the filters regularly too, according to machine instructions. Maintaining bin volumes and keeping your filters clean means that grooming your pet shouldn’t affect the vacuum performance.

How does the Pet groom tool remove loose pet hair?

Pressing the back of the Pet groom tool extends the flexible bristles for grooming, and also opens an airway to collect airborne dander and hair as you brush. When you’re done, just release your thumb to retract the bristles. Airflow is simultaneously re-directed to suck the tool clean in an instant.

Can I control the pressure applied by the Pet groom tool?

Yes, the Pet groom tool is designed to be comfortable for your pet. The Pet groom tool’s single-thumb control allows you to apply more or less pressure as needed.

Can I use the Pet groom tool by myself?

Yes. The Pet groom tool can be operated with just one hand. You may need to use your other hand to hold your pet.

Does my vacuum need to be powered on while using the Pet groom tool?

No. And leaving your vacuum powered off may suit more anxious pets. But we recommend leaving suction on where possible so loose pet hair is collected in the bin and doesn’t drop to the floor.

Can the Pet groom tool groom all areas of my pet?

No. The Pet groom tool is not suitable for use on or around sensitive areas like the face, ears, legs or genitals.

How often should I use the self-cleaning function to clear the bristles?

You can release hair using the Pet groom tool’s self-cleaning function as often as needed during use. Some pet hair types will need to be cleared more often than others.

How often should I use the Pet groom tool?

You can use the Pet groom tool as often as you would usually groom your pet with a slicker brush.

How often should I empty the bin to avoid blocking?

The volume of pet hair collected by the Pet groom tool means that you should empty your bin more often than usual. Be sure to empty your Dyson vacuum’s bin before it reaches the MAX line.

Learn more

Be the first to reply!