How to: Maximise your cordless vacuum's battery life | Dyson Community
TIPS - CORDLESS VACUUM

How to: Maximise your cordless vacuum's battery life

• 23 August 2022
  • 2 replies
How to: Maximise your cordless vacuum's battery life
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Whether you’re new to owning a Dyson Cordless vacuum cleaners or you’ve had one for a number of years, we’ve collated four of our top tips to help you optimise the runtime and lifespan of your vacuum's battery.

Maximum power. Only when you need it

We recommend only using Max or Boost mode for short bursts of intensive cleaning. Using these modes more regularly can speed up the degradation of your battery.

Stick to using Auto, Normal or Eco mode for everyday cleaning.

Avoid use in extreme temperatures

Very hot or cold environments can speed up battery ageing. So, it's best to avoid cleaning the car in hot weather or leaving your vacuum in a cold porch or garage.

Your machine won’t operate or charge if the ambient temperature is below 3°C (37°F). This is designed to protect the motor and the battery alike.

Give it a rest

Let the battery run down to empty at least once a month to help prolong its life.

If you have a spare battery, swap them out so they both have time to naturally discharge.

Genuine Dyson replacements

Only by purchasing and using a genuine Dyson battery are you ensuring your machine continues to work to its full potential. Buying direct from Dyson, you’ll always received a genuine Dyson replacement part.

Visit our to ‘Spare parts and accessories’ page for more information. 

For more on battery care, instructions on replacing or charging the battery visit our Dyson support: How to care for your Dyson machine's battery Dyson playlist on the Dyson YouTube channel.

If you’d like to share any of your own tips on maximising your battery life, please add these to the comments below. Any other tips you’d like to share, please post them in our ‘Tips and tricks’ section on the Community homepage.

2 replies

How do I remove a battery from Dyson DC44 hoover. I have removed screw from front  section above charging point but there is no sign of another screw. Battery won't budge.

DC35/44 battery removal.

Two screws. Base and handle.

How do I remove a battery from Dyson DC44 hoover. I have removed screw from front  section above charging point but there is no sign of another screw. Battery won't budge.