Keeping your purifier performing at its best | Dyson Community
Sticky TIPS - AIR TREATMENT

Keeping your purifier performing at its best

• 20 October 2021
  • 8 replies
Keeping your purifier performing at its best
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Here are a selection of tips that could help maintain optimum air purification performance in your home:

1. Your Purifier, Purifier Heater and Purifier Humidifier are engineered to purify single rooms, so you should use it where you spend the majority of your time at home.
  2. When placing the machine, make sure there is at least a few feet of clearance on all sides so that the air can circulate effectively.
  3. Clean the sensors regularly - Keeping the sensors clean and clear of debris will help the machine accurately record data and react to particle detection in the home. Read the ‘Cleaning the sensor’ article to find out where they are on your machine. 
  4. Clean the machine regularly - Wiping the machine over with a dry cloth will help remove a build-up of dust and debris. Read the ‘Cleaning the machine’ article for all a list of places to check. 

Before cleaning your machine, ensure that it is turned off at the socket and unplugged.

If you’d like to share any tips on this, please feel free to post them below.

If you have any other tips you’d like to share, please post them in our ‘Tips and tricks’ section on the Community homepage.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

The MyDyson app let me know it was time to replace my purifier filters, after a year’s worth of use. And I was so glad I did! 

Hi.  I am in the UK and am pleased to have just purchased my lovely HP07 - I have downladed the Dyson App, how do I link it to my fan / air purifier please..? Am reasonably sensible, but can’t see any clues in the app - I’ve linked the serial number and registered for the 2 yr guarantee…  Help please..!!!

Heyhey88 is correct. Refer to this article for further insight. Connecting your Purifiers, Humidifiers and Heaters to the App

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi.  I am in the UK and am pleased to have just purchased my lovely HP07 - I have downladed the Dyson App, how do I link it to my fan / air purifier please..? Am reasonably sensible, but can’t see any clues in the app - I’ve linked the serial number and registered for the 2 yr guarantee…  Help please..!!!

Is the model you’ve purchased an Autoreact HP07A version? If so this isn’t compatible with the my Dyson app. 

if it’s a regular HP07 then you should select add new machine from the menu (top left) in the my Dyson app whilst being near the plugged in purifier and it should appear in the list of available machines, once selected just continue with the setup process. 

How to keep your dyson running good.

criptonic

Userlevel 1

For those who own a dyson vacuum, cleaning the dyson purifiers is very easy. I always use the soft brush head to vacuum the entire purifier including the filters, outer grille covers and sensor opening to prevent any dust buildup, then wipe the external surfaces with a wet disinfectant surface cleaning tissue with no alcohol or harsh chemicals. It’s the go-to solution for me as i own 2 TP04s and one of it is black in colour which has this velvety, rubbery surface to the touch, which can cling on to dust very fast. My only concern is the humid weather may make the surface sticky over the years as i experienced with computers and other products with a similar surface. So i got myself a dehumidifier in the room and use it occasionally to prevent that from happening. Really hope dyson does black colour in the same material as the other colours…

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello Stuart

I use a fine tip paint brush to remove the smaller dust from the holes around the filter. It take a little bit of time and I vacuum up the mess afterwards, but it does the job :)  

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey @Stuart - Lovely post. This is exactly like my own mental checklist.