Robot: Scheduling | Dyson Community
ROBOT VACUUM - DYSON APP - KEY FEATURE

Robot: Scheduling

• 12 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Did you know you can use the App to set a schedule for your robot? Well, you can!

Whether you want to set it as you get home from work or just at the weekends, your docked robot is ready when you need it, and on standby when you don't.

Scheduling allows you to set your robot off to clean at a time that suit you, as well as providing the choice to select the cleaning mode it operates in. Our ‘Understanding your robot’s cleaning modes’ article explains the difference between these individual cleaning modes. 

To start using scheduling, your machine will need to be connected to the app. On the home screen press the ‘Schedule’ icon in the bottom right-hand corner. This is symbolised by a clock face pointing to the 12 and 3 position.

Read more about this feature on our ‘Scheduling your robot’ article.

If you own either the Dyson 360 Vis Nav™ robot vacuum or Dyson 360 Heurist™️ robot vacuum and have mapped and zoned your floor space, you can customise which zone(s) are included in the scheduled clean. If your yet to zone your home, read our ‘Zoning your map’ article to get started.

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi

my 360 vis is a week old.  I have mapped, zoned and created a couple of schedules.  So far they are two 20 minute schedules for 2 different heavily used areas a couple of hours apart, so plenty of time to complete and recharge.  They both work.  They are for every day.  

I want to additionally schedule a couple of other rooms at different times of the day and for 3 times a week, much later in the day.  It refuses to add the schedule as it says it conflicts with multiple entries.  I have tried this multiple times to make sure it is definitely not overlapping, but it is convinced they clash. Any ideas?

Oliver

Hi

my 360 vis is a week old.  I have mapped, zoned and created a couple of schedules.  So far they are two 20 minute schedules for 2 different heavily used areas a couple of hours apart, so plenty of time to complete and recharge.  They both work.  They are for every day.  

I want to additionally schedule a couple of other rooms at different times of the day and for 3 times a week, much later in the day.  It refuses to add the schedule as it says it conflicts with multiple entries.  I have tried this multiple times to make sure it is definitely not overlapping, but it is convinced they clash. Any ideas?

Oliver

Have you tried deleting all the schedules and starting again? If you have and are still stick, I’m happy to take a look. I’d need to see what you’re trying to do. Could you screenshot what you’ve got set up and what you’re looking at doing.

If the start and finish time overlay or if the unit is already cleaning at the same time, I.E on another schedule it won’t allow it to be set. Here’s a YT video I found covering the scheduling feature. 

Pete.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the suggestions, Pete.

Bizarrely two of my attempts to schedule yesterday have appeared listed today (one was essentially a duplicate of the other at a slightly different time, so I have removed it - these two would have conflicted with each other as they were 15 minutes apart yet it seemed to belatedly accept them).  I will now try and add the remaining different schedule I want for now and if it is rejected wait to see if it subsequently lists.  It may be an issue with the schedule list page not refreshing, although it did say it couldn't add because of multiple conflicts (a clean of 3 rooms, 6 hours after the previous schedule for one small room, should not have been flagged as a conflict).  Deleting all the schedules and re-entering might be a sensible idea, it only takes a minute to add them, I hope there are no ghost schedules in the works!

I will screenshot and send if the issue persists.  

Oliver

Userlevel 1

Finally figured where I was going wrong.  The schedule view only shows schedules for the day highlighted at the top of the screen defaulting to today.  If you create a schedule like I did for 3 days a week not including today it will not display unless you change to that day at the top of the screen. I assumed all schedules would list and as they indicate which days they are for, that was how you knew whether they would happen today.  Once I had created a schedule that didn’t list I tried again, which then conflicted with the schedule which was not listed.  Hence the next day a schedule miraculously was showing that was not there yesterday.  An option for all schedules or all days would help when setting schedules up (especially if you forget what you have done once you have done it).  Maybe the designers figured you would set the vacuum to do one set of rooms each day so you schedule until all days go green. My logic was to schedule the areas I wanted to clean everyday then overlay with the areas I wanted done every other day on top at a different time.  The better way to do it would be to do a schedule for Sun Tu Thu with all the rooms to do that day and another for  Mon Wed Fri with what I want to do those days.    The only problem with putting all the rooms for one day on one schedule is if it has to recharge mid clean it is less predictable when it will be busy.   Anyway, it works, just not quite as I imagined.