Dyson Cylinder - Is there an adapter to use different cleaner heads / brushes? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Cylinder - Is there an adapter to use different cleaner heads / brushes?

• 26 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello together, 

first of all i hope you understand my problem/questtion :) Since i am not an native english speaker, I prbably dont use allways the exact terms. 

I own an old Dysen, DC08 which i really like. Unfortunately, the cleaner head in worn, so I cant use the origianl one anymore. But i got two other cleaner heads from a newer version (think it is DC29) and from an even older version (DCxx). Are there adapters, so I can use for example the cleaner head form DC29 with my cleaner DC08?

Thanks in advance for every answer

Thomas

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 26 March 2023, 20:31

View original

2 replies

Hi Thomas, 

The DC08 is their Cylinder version correct? If yes, I don’t think they did an adapter as part of Dyson. You could look at an aftermarket part. Give How to: Order spare parts and accessories | Dyson Community a read. There’s a few recommendation on where to try 😎!

Kirby. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I don’t think the parts on the 29 are compatible with the earlier 08. According to the Australian website the cleaner head only goes as far back as the DC19. Dyson DC29 Vacuum Parts & Accessories | Dyson Australia

They do sell a QRAT (Quick release adapter tool) but I think this would make the 29 compatible with the 08, not the other way around.