Dyson DC41 Animal - Burning smell | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson DC41 Animal - Burning smell

• 24 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi all - my upright started to emit burning smell from brush bar and the bar itself stops Turning after short time - I have removed both sides of bar to clean them but still same issue - any other thoughts ? 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 26 April 2023, 10:03

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Hello @Steve,

Thanks for posting a question to the wider community.

Sorry to hear you’ve encountered an issue with the brush bar.

As the cleaner head and filter fills with dirt and debris over time, all the built-up debris begins to emit a burnt-smelling odour. You may need to remove and clean out the vacuum's filter.

We need to advise you to stop using your machine and request that you contact your local customer support team. They will be able to run through further diagnostics and discuss the next step. You will need your machine to hand when making contact.

Please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

Thanks. 

Jodey.

@Steve. It could be the motor in the cleaner head.

If you’re still in warranty, dyson should give you one free of charge. If you’re outside of the warranty, pick one on their website: How to: Order spare parts and accessories | Dyson Community

I’d say a repair would be needed if it were the whole machine.

Jay. 

I agree with @JayJay. My now retired Dyson 25 did the same. Motor in the head burnt out. Replace the motor and it worked like new. You might be able to source a replacement part elsewhere. There a list of authorized parts retailers on this post.